Warzone fenris continues

Guest Triszin

Guest Triszin

So I read the first expansion to the Warzone fenris story, and not much happened. It elaborates a little more on the Dark angels, and that they aim to first, Scour the system of chaos taint, then address the wolves concerning the muatations. And are a bit hypocritical when they say punish them if the wolves are hiding anything from them, from the imperium.

And a Inquisitor shows up, not interested at all in the wolves, but the rock and the darkangels.

Well, it's a teaser. Do you feel tempted to read the rest? happy.png

Would you recommend to read War Zone Fenris: Curse of the Wulfen before reading this short story?

Does it continue the events from the "sagas of the space wolves" series?

Guest Triszin

Well, it's a teaser. Do you feel tempted to read the rest? happy.png

Would you recommend to read War Zone Fenris: Curse of the Wulfen before reading this short story?

Does it continue the events from the "sagas of the space wolves" series?

sagas of the space wolves series?

The book is certainly better written than the Damocles Warzone, having said that, damocles wasnt great writing.

It initially paints the Darkangels in a kind of odd easily tricked chapter. The shapechanger is supposedly the best infiltrator for tzeentech period, which some people seem to be overlooking. But there are obvious logic flaws in how accepting the dark angels are of the knowledge and its source.

If you enjoy reading a decnt written story that doesnt have a clear conclusion? sure, theres also a badass picture of the Rock in it.

Did that help?

sagas of the space wolves series?

The book is certainly better written than the Damocles Warzone, having said that, damocles wasnt great writing.

It initially paints the Darkangels in a kind of odd easily tricked chapter. The shapechanger is supposedly the best infiltrator for tzeentech period, which some people seem to be overlooking. But there are obvious logic flaws in how accepting the dark angels are of the knowledge and its source.

If you enjoy reading a decnt written story that doesnt have a clear conclusion? sure, theres also a badass picture of the Rock in it.

Did that help?

sagas of the space wolves - that is how the subscription was called...
1 Feast of Lies
2 Caged Wolf
3 Eye of the Dragon
4 Dark City
5 The Darkness of Angels
6 The Wolf Within
7 Scent of a Traitor
8 Wrath of the Wolf

(guess what caught my attention biggrin.png)

The shape changer was introduced in "Feast of Lies" and reappears through the whole series of short stories.

They were entertaining, though nothing new.

And some were completely made up by drunken wolves, I'm sure. msn-wink.gif

Warzone Fenris happens after those stories. I never read the damocles stuff.

I borrowed the Warzone Fenris book. Just not sure what to read first.

I've heard a bit of what happened in the Saga of the Wolf series, and sadly it didn't impress me. To be fair, the wolves got trolled a lot by the changeling too. I really wonder what their librarius/rune priests are for when they can't tell the spies in their midst, especially those of daemonic nature. Unless the changeling is really that good until even Ezekiel or Njal can't detect him. 

As far as I'm concerned, the Dark Angels are fairly justified in attacking Fenris based on all the troll evidence laid out by Chaos, with the Wolves behavious not helping, but Ezekiel is going to get fired if the Inquisitor can see the Changeling but he himself can't.

actually I find it puzzling that an Inquisitor managed to step foot on the Rock at all. That's suppose to be the centre of all the DA secrets, especially the Fallen. As far as I know, the DA have never let any outsider let alone an Inquisitor on the Rock.

Still, writing was better than Kauyon, but worse than Mont'ka. Especially the assassin fights, which was easily one of the best writing in recent GW publications.

Well, they have been following the instruction of short magical guys in hooded robes for over 10 millenia, why would they stop now?

;)

If the Changling is that good at hiding, doesn't anyone think it is reasonable that it can cloak it's "Warp-spoor" as it were?

I'm more wondering why the Inquisitor seems to be able to pierce whatever veils the Changling is throwing up so easy.

Also, the Inquisitor on the Rock isn't a problem, as long as he or she is watched to ensure no recordings, etc., are made, and it is ensured that the Inquisitor is BLAM'd with a bolt round to the skull or entirely mind-wiped into a gibbering brainless ninny with the ship the Inquisitor came on conveniently "lost" with all hands, or the crew consumed and the ship set adrift or the like, sometime after the ship leaves the Rock of course, because everyone witnessed the ship leave the Rock safe from harm and all that.

• 2 months later...
Guest Triszin

an update from the black library continued stories

chapter master of the darkangels: 2nd story but wasnt talked about

the return of a primarch. Lion or Wolf.

-------------------

some think that was the changling as the chapter master....

‘I understand, lord. My vigilance is unfaltering.’

‘That is true,’ the Supreme Grand Master continued, pacing behind him. ‘You have been chosen for great things, Elezar. You are indeed blessed.’ The chaplain turned.

‘I am glad you believe so. I live to serve the Chapter and the Emperor.’

‘Of course, of course.’ Azrael continued to circle him. ‘It is decided then. You shall help me to announce it.’

‘Announce what?’ Beneath the shadows of his cowl, Azrael smiled more broadly than Elezar had ever seen him smile before, spreading his arms as wide as the cell’s confines would allow.

‘His return, of course.’

‘Whose return? I don’t understand.’

But Azrael didn’t reply. Like a bolt of lightning, he struck Elezar, and the Dark Angel knew no more.

to add, iron hands fleet broke off the crusade fleet to assist the space wolves. An ultra marine fleet and fleet of imperial guard broke off from the crusade fleet and headed toward the world wolfs lair missle defence system for the region. (later the wolves are about to retreat but get a vox com, of reinforcements and the sky is filled with drop pods and landers. so its safe to assume the ultras and IG are helping the wolves now.)

-------------------

BIGGEST NEWS OF ALL

Ragnar: fleet came in and got hailed by the inquistor, this guy knows something is shady as censored.gif with the darkangels, wont say it over vox. acknowledging he fact that the darkangels intercept almost all transmissions and listen in. ragnar muses the inquisitor saying "you would rather walk into a wolfs den, then the layer of a lion? you are aware of what we do to inquisitors?"

so this inquistor is looking to spill the beans on the dark angels secrets?

Guest Triszin

Could you elaborate more on the return of a primarch part?

All sounds pretty interesting, I may have to check out these stories as well.

Announce what?’ Beneath the shadows of his cowl, Azrael smiled more broadly than Elezar had ever seen him smile before, spreading his arms as wide as the cell’s confines would allow.

‘His return, of course.’

initially I thought it was the grand maaster talking about the lion or luther. others have suggested that if that is the changeling it is foreboding the return of abaddon and the 13th black crusade.

to add, iron hands fleet broke off the crusade fleet to assist the space wolves. An ultra marine fleet and fleet of imperial guard broke off from the crusade fleet and headed toward the world wolfs lair missle defence system for the region. (later the wolves are about to retreat but get a vox com, of reinforcements and the sky is filled with drop pods and landers. so its safe to assume the ultras and IG are helping the wolves now.)

-------------------

?

New Imperial Guard codex confirmed. :P

-------------------

?

Space Wolves plot armor confirmed. tongue.png

Fixed that for you. laugh.png

Could you elaborate more on the return of a primarch part?

All sounds pretty interesting, I may have to check out these stories as well.

Announce what?’ Beneath the shadows of his cowl, Azrael smiled more broadly than Elezar had ever seen him smile before, spreading his arms as wide as the cell’s confines would allow.

‘His return, of course.’

initially I thought it was the grand maaster talking about the lion or luther. others have suggested that if that is the changeling it is foreboding the return of abaddon and the 13th black crusade.

Ah ok, sorry didn't realize the quoted passage from the book was all there was about a primarch ;).

Well if it is in fact Azrael I'm sure he would be talking about the Lion and not Russ. Would kind of suck if it is the changling, also I'm not sure if he would be that excited about Abaddon coming back either and how another Dark Angel would help him announce it. Now I'm really looking forward to the conclusion of this arc, I really hope this kicks off some big event one way or the other.

It definitely sounds like the changeling talking and smiling. I don't think Azrael would be so obviously happy about the return of a primarch, DA being stoic as they are.

If it was the changeling, he could refer to a possible return of Magnus to finish off the wolves, finally getting his revenge.

If it was the changeling, he could refer to a possible return of Magnus to finish off the wolves, finally getting his revenge.

I had this thought last night and was just about to mention it. This would fit just as well as The Lion or Russ coming back, especially since he's a Tzeetch daemon prince at this point. The only thing is Magnus wasn't killed or anything, he has just been hanging out in the warp so I dunno if he would really "return".

Archived