2500pts - Ultramarines - 'Caesarian Section' :)

Mallus

Hey guys, long term lurker and have just started getting into HH. I have been seduced by yours and my 'Spiritual Liege' and have decided to run with Ultramarines as my chosen legion.

I've put together a 2500pt list, please knock it in anyway you see fit!

+++ Ultramarines (2500pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) ++

+ HQ +

Legion Centurion Chaplain - Artificer Armour, Plasma Pistol (110pts)

+ Troops +

Invictarus Suzerains (7) - 1 x Plasma Pistol (265pts)

Legion Tactical Squad (10), Legion Vexilla
Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier with Twin-Linked Bolter 
Sergeant with Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Power Fist (230pts)

+ Elites +

2 Legion Quad Launcher Support Batteries wither Shatter Shells (140pts)

Legion Terminator Squad (5) (215pts)
Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and 1x Power Weapon, 1x Power Fist, 2x Chainfists, Lightning Claw, Heavy Flamer 

+ Heavy Support +

Deredeo Pattern Dreadnought with Autocannons, Aiolos Missile Launcher, Armoured Ceramite (240pts)

Legion Spartan Assault Tank, Armoured Ceramite, Flare Shield (340pts)

Legion Vindicator Siege Tank Squadron (330pts)
2 x Legion Vindicator Tanks with Armoured Ceramite, Heavy Bolter, Laser Destroyer Array

+ Legion +

Legion Astartes [Loyalist, XIII: Ultramarines]

+ Lord of War +

Roboute Guilliman (400pts)

This brings it to 2500 points exactly. My game plan (happy to be shot down) is:
- Chappy, Girlyman and Suzerains rolling down the street smoking indo, sippin' on gin and juice in the Spartan
- Girlyman confers Tank Hunter on both Laser Destroyers
- Rhinos bolters give Interlocking Tactics on the Tactical Squads, which are used as objective sitters
- Deredeo wrecks any air support
- Termies wander in on foot....this is where I am a bit hazy. Is this an effective use of them, really? Could I replace them with something else?
- Will run POTL as the Rite....obviously this will make the Termies Troops, but I am still unsure on them (as above)

Have at it!

Hey guys, long term lurker and have just started getting into HH. I have been seduced by yours and my 'Spiritual Liege' and have decided to run with Ultramarines as my chosen legion.

I've put together a 2500pt list, please knock it in anyway you see fit!

+++ Ultramarines (2500pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) ++

+ HQ +

Legion Centurion Chaplain - Artificer Armour, Plasma Pistol (110pts)

+ Troops +

Invictarus Suzerains (7) - 1 x Plasma Pistol (265pts)

+ Elites +

2 Legion Quad Launcher Support Batteries wither Shatter Shells (140pts)

Legion Terminator Squad (5) (215pts)
Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and 1x Power Weapon, 1x Power Fist, 2x Chainfists, Lightning Claw, Heavy Flamer 

+ Heavy Support +

Deredeo Pattern Dreadnought with Autocannons, Aiolos Missile Launcher, Armoured Ceramite (240pts)

Legion Spartan Assault Tank, Armoured Ceramite, Flare Shield (340pts)

Legion Vindicator Siege Tank Squadron (330pts)
2 x Legion Vindicator Tanks with Armoured Ceramite, Heavy Bolter, Laser Destroyer Array

+ Legion +

Legion Astartes [Loyalist, XIII: Ultramarines]

+ Lord of War +

Roboute Guilliman (400pts)

This brings it to 2500 points exactly. My game plan (happy to be shot down) is:
- Chappy, Girlyman and Suzerains rolling down the street smoking indo, sippin' on gin and juice in the Spartan
- Girlyman confers Tank Hunter on both Laser Destroyers
- Rhinos bolters give Interlocking Tactics on the Tactical Squads, which are used as objective sitters
- Deredeo wrecks any air support
- Termies wander in on foot....this is where I am a bit hazy. Is this an effective use of them, really? Could I replace them with something else?
- Will run POTL as the Rite....obviously this will make the Termies Troops, but I am still unsure on them (as above)

Have at it!

no point in running Pride of the legion as termis are already scoring units.

although i'm having a hard time thinking of another rite you could use

In fact it's a detriment to your list to run Pride, as if the terminators die you're giving up a victory point. Just stick with no rite, or maybe look into the logos. 

Overall I'd say the list is good, but footslogging terminators is not going to work at all. It will take them a long time to get into combat, and while moving forward they are not doing anything for you except getting shot down. Unless you can find pts for a transport, cheapest option being a dreadclaw, I'd drop the terminators, take something else. Maybe a dreadnought with a keres assault cannon or some veterans in a rhino with heavy bolters/sniper. 

Overall I'd say the list is good, but footslogging terminators is not going to work at all. It will take them a long time to get into combat, and while moving forward they are not doing anything for you except getting shot down. Unless you can find pts for a transport, cheapest option being a dreadclaw, I'd drop the terminators, take something else. Maybe a dreadnought with a keres assault cannon or some veterans in a rhino with heavy bolters/sniper. 

I was really toying with some vets....or some support troops with plasma or volkite. I think having 7 Suzerains with a 2+ save and being so savage in combat fills the role of Termies admirably anyway?

Mind you a Contemptor-Mortis with twin-Kheres + a Cyclone Missile Launcher will equal the exact same points (215) as the Cataphractii squad, so that might be more effective?!

Archived