Death Metal from the Dark Millenium

Zaggtoof

Hail brothers and sisters,

I am here to tell you of a great undertaking.

That is, I am here to introduce you to my band Dominus Nox. We play heavy metal about space marines. 

Hopefully some of you are already sold.

If you don't like heavy metal, well, I know you like Astartes...so no excuses:

The band has been active for about a year and we recently released a trio of demos to offer a sample of what we're working on. The long term goal is to write a song for each Legion (we've got six done so far). After that there is plenty of grimdark to right metal songs about. I mean that pretty much goes without saying. Here's a link to our soundcloud and our facebook:

https://soundcloud.com/dominusnox

https://www.facebook.com/dominusnoxband/

If any of the fraters here happen to be in Porltand, Oregon May 8th we've got a gig opening for Necrogoblikon come say hello. 

Also, to you scions of the 8th who click through to our music and find no song about The Most Metal Legion, worry not, it is coming....

Cheers, and well met.

The riffage is sound, reminds me mostly of Death (Chuck Schuldiner et al.'s band, not the generic concept). Also it seems there's some black metal influence at times, Children of Bodom style. All in all I'd say it's solid and i wish you luck on your endeavor.

Solid stuff in my humble opinion. Definitely interested in hearing more (especially about the VIIIth tongue.png ) considering the amount of air guitar and headbanging I'm doing in front of the computer. thumbsup.gif

I confess I'm not the world's biggest fan of metal (or any of the derivative genres of rock, as it happens,) but I spent last night listening to your demo album a few times and I have to admit, it seems pretty good (far better than Bolt Action, IMHO.) If you ever wind up releasing a full album or two, I would definitely consider getting them! Keep up the great work! :tu:

Solid stuff in my humble opinion. Definitely interested in hearing more (especially about the VIIIth tongue.png ) considering the amount of air guitar and headbanging I'm doing in front of the computer. thumbsup.gif

I confess I'm not the world's biggest fan of metal (or any of the derivative genres of rock, as it happens,) but I spent last night listening to your demo album a few times and I have to admit, it seems pretty good (far better than Bolt Action, IMHO.) If you ever wind up releasing a full album or two, I would definitely consider getting them! Keep up the great work! thumbsup.gif

Cheers fellas! More to come. Gotta believe when you name your band Dominus Nox and claim to write music about the legions the pressure to do the VIIIth justice is considerable. It will be brutal (also good hopefully).

Psycho, I take that as especially high praise.

So I'm jamming this out on my studio cans and I LOVE it! I really like the "death march" break down in the middle of Walls Fall Fists Do Not, there's a bit in Prospero Burns at about 4:40+ that I really enjoy where it goes. Honestly, this is the kinda stuff I loved working with when I utilized my board. I'll be keeping my ears open for any new stuff ya'll throw up :)

Presently listening to prospero burns and I'm loving what I hear!(although what else I was expecting when two of my favourite things, space marines and metal, came together I don't really know). If you ever got an album released I'd definitely get it. As it is, time to listen to the demo over and over for the next month or so

When are you releasing a CD?  Could always use more music to binge on after a day at work.

As soon as we get some money for studio time, so....in the grim darkness of the not too distant future I hope. It's all about drum tracking. 

Thanks for the kind words everybody. Gotta say, it's highly motivating when people get some enjoyment out of the tunes. I should probably start a paint log....

When I read the title I though it was going to be about Bolt Thrower :P

Although not a personal fan of the genre, I respect it and see it fitting for this game :tu:

(will still check you out ^_^)

Archived