The Red Right Hand

"It was easy to hide... It was easy to run..."

------------------------------------------------------------

Cedric Bandur walked along the dark corridors of the imperial palace, slowly finding his way towards where he would meet with his new master. Rumors amongst some of the Knights suggested that Garro would also be there today. That will be an unfortunate meeting, Cedric thought to himself. He still wasn't sure what he would say to Nathaniel, but something should be said. He rounded the final corner and walked up the short hall where the Sigillite sat patiently. Four other knights were there: Garro, Rubio, a wolf he didn't recognize, and the Iron Hand that was pulled from the same second hell alongside Cedric. Garro eyed him with suspicion.

"You summoned for me?"

"Yes" stated the Sigillite. "I see you have changed from the livery of my knights." It was more a question than a statement.

"I thought it fitting." Cedric said flatly.

"I see. I have a mission for you and Crissus." Malcador said gesturing to the Iron Hand. "Rubio, would you please give the details?"

"There is a tale of a man out near the sector of space known as the ghoul stars. He leads a band of reavers that, until recently, was relatively insignificant. This changed however when reports came in of a force of legionaries in the thousands have been seen raiding planets and shipping lanes, with him at the head. They have a sizable fleet, and could cause significant problems should they throw their lot in with the traitors. The two of you will seek him out and attempt to convince him to join us. A force of legionaries like that would be of great asset to us." Rubio stated.

"The name of this man?" Asked Cedric?

"If it is know, it's not spoken. He calls himself the Pirate King." Answered Rubio.

"And should he not wish to follow the imperial creed?" Cedric turned this question now on Malcador.

"Then you will live up to the namesake you gave yourself." Responded Malcador.

Cedric looked down at the deep Crimson of his right arm and remembered his oath. "Then I shall be your Red Right Hand, like the Dusk Raiders of old..."

------------------------------------------------------------------

"Cedric"

"I have nothing to say to you Nathaniel the coward..." Bandur spit the words over his shoulder at Garro following him down the hall.

"That's a bit unfair, don't you think?" Responded Garro, now catching up to him.

"UNFAIR?!" Cedric rounded on Garro in the vast hallway. Imperial orderlies scurried past, not wanting to become the subject of the Astartes rage. "It was unfair that my brothers died to a man from the reapers scythe. It was unfair when the legions artillery fell upon us. It was unfair that MY brothers died in that hell."

"They were my brothers too Cedric..." Reasoned Garro.

"No!" The denial from Cedric echoed around the hall. "Where were you when the Day of Wrath's guns fired upon us? Where were you when the hellfire raged around us, with the screams of the dead as your company? Where were you when the reaper and the red angel laid into us? Where were you when the Gorgon died, and his legion broke upon the killing field? How many traitors could you have killed with that frigate of yours? You fled, and so you lost any right to call them brothers."

"I.." Garro floundered.

"I say again Nathaniel, you are a coward and I have nothing more to say to you." With that Cedric turned and left Garro to himself in the hall.

------------------------------------------------

Cedric Bandur, The Red Right Hand, Knight Errant

http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a544/jemlohr/image_zps4uoawbun.jpeg

http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a544/jemlohr/image_zpsc0cpadvc.jpeg

Cedric Bandur was a promising veteran sergeant in the Death Guard legion, with a impending promotion to a staff billet, at the time of the Istavan III atrocity. Being openly critical of the lodges within the legion, particularly the Seven Pillared, he was sent in the initial wave. It was assumed that he died during the betrayal along with the confirmed deaths of his squad, but somehow he was found (and taken into custody) by the Salamanders legion on Istavan V. It is recorded that he tried to warn them of the grand betrayal, but was ignored. Later he was seen released and leading a ragtag group of loyalist in a counter attack against the traitorous Death Guard. It is yet unknown how he came into service of the Knights Errant.

------------

Thanks for looking/ reading. Critics much welcome.

I'm going to go out in a limb here and say that you managed to make a clever conversion using the new Deatwatch Cassius as the base fir the model. Well done on taking something non heresy and making him look fitting for a knights errant. Other than giving him a red arm, how do you plan on painting the rest of his armour?

@ Capt: The whole base of the model is from the new Cassius Model in the Deathwatch game.

@ Soric: I haven't worked out a full scheme for him yet, but I was thinking mostly a cross between Garro's paint scheme (the studio version) and the Dusk Raiders legion Scheme from the first HH big book.

@Olis: Still working that out at the moment, but something along the lines of his squad was slowly killed off and he manages to stow away in the hopes of doing a crippling sabotage on one of the Death Guard Capitol ships, but overhears of the plot for Istavan V, and decides to stick it out in the hopes of saving other loyalist from the larger betrayal.

Thanks for the comments folks

Sick model!

Story idea: What if he had a twin brother in the Legion, who eventually chases him down when he is the sole survivor of his squad, attempting to convince him of the traitor's cause. Cedric proceeds to brutally kill said brother, takes his armour, burning/scarring/beating/mutilating/otherwise his face to "smooth out" any remaining clues to him not being his brother, and rejoins the Legion with the purpose of warning the Loyalists on Istvaan V? That would allow for the transfer between III and V with the added bonus of making him out to be a cold hearted and patient bastard.

Cheers,
BTB

Archived