Customizing a Sanguinary Priest

Helias_Tancred

Hey all.

Seems the Sanguinary Priest makes a good low point game HQ, as well as adding some real cheese to a hard hitting unit (+1 ATk and 5+ FNP). So I received my Sanguinary Priest in the mail today from Amazon and proceeded to customize him.

I took off his chainsword and gave him a grav pistol. I gave him a jump pack. I also removed the head and put a nice helm in place, one of the helms with a scroll at the top and a bionic eye and stuff on the left side. He looks a lot more martial, as if he is ready for combat!

But I was thinking of how to gear him to complement his role. My main role for him is running with Dante and his Sanguinary Guard. I figured the grav pistol would be a nice inclusion to that merry band.

I will get a pick up soon.

Thoughts? Also how have you customized your Sanguinary Priest?

Also he got the shoulder guard from the upgrade kit with "Sanguinius" engraved along the edge. BTW I do have some pics of him on my Instagram.

While grav weapons are nice, I think 3 meltabombs is too much for a single shot. for one more meltabomb you could get Valour's Edge. 3-4 WS6 S5 AP 2 attacks at initiative (5 in the BSF) will help quite a bit more than one grav shot, IMHO.

I kitbashed a couple of mine or used other models (you can probably tell which is the most recent by the paint work...)

High Priest (Corbulo counts-as)
http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2015/4/13/704844_sm-.JPGhttp://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2015/4/13/704847_sm-.JPG

Head = Sanguinary Guard; Body = FW Red Scorpions veterans + press moulded chalice icon; Arms = new priest + Ravenwing command; Legs - BA tacticals; Bling & Accessories - Terminators, Karlaen, FW Tigurus upgrade, wherever grenades come from

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2013/4/8/482010_sm-.JPG
Head = Death Company; Body = Company Death; Arms = Command Squad, Red Scorpion veterans, Death Company; Legs - FW mk. IV assault squad; Pack - Finecast Jump Pack Chaplain & Sanguinary Guard.

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2013/7/30/522096_sm-.JPG
FW MKIV Apothecary, unaltered. Too awesome a model to convert.

You'll need a spare sanguinary guard jump pack, I believe the normal twin thruster pack will not fit due to the high collar.

This is correct, you can however cut the spikes off the collar and they will fit just fine.

While grav weapons are nice, I think 3 meltabombs is too much for a single shot. for one more meltabomb you could get Valour's Edge. 3-4 WS6 S5 AP 2 attacks at initiative (5 in the BSF) will help quite a bit more than one grav shot, IMHO.

I took your advice. I chopped off the chain sword blade and mounted a blade from a Grey Knight's sword to the pommel of the chainsword that came with the sanguinary priest. Looks very good, I had to pin it. It is a very plausible Valour's Edge.

After considering the two roles he will be in, either a low point game HQ or running with Dante and the Sanguinary Guard, it made sense.

It is the GK blade that doesn't have the "I" in it btw.

Here's my Sanguinary potatoes, the outer two are WIP, but their jump packs are magnetized, and the Priest on the left's arm can swap out for a power axe, bolt pistol or melta pistol. The center one, Apolloynus, is a little pricey but I love the style, and for extra two melta bombs I can proxy a LC for a Fist. I prefer to run him in a gaggle of Sanguinary Guard with Dante when we're not facing tons of AP2 shooting, but he often leads an assault marine contingent with plenty of Death Company to draw attention. Looking at him in this much detail, I might need to tame the sheen with a layer of dullcoat.gallery_79287_10026_80703.jpg

I'm currently in the process of painting a vanilla priest.. But the next two I paint (whenever that may be) will be kitbashes for the following:

• Infantry with magnetized JP/Backpack, magnetized Powersword//Plasma Pistol/Grav Pistol/Combiplasma arms (which is actually built, but not yet primed)
  • Bike unit with Valour's Edge and Fury of Baal (for which the parts are at hand but the time is not)

I second Valour's Edge - no brainer if you ask me. And pay the 1 point for a second weapon for the extra attack. Here's my rendition from the plastic kit with a plasma pistol but I also have a bolt pistol arm which is what I normally run him with to keep him affordable...

http://www.themightybrush.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Blood-Angels-Sanguinary-Priest-01.jpg

Archived