Brother Lucifer

Dark_Master

Hello all,

Please excuse the name, hopefully his background will explain why I thought it fitted.

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b606/Dark_master1/Dreadnought/CEAB109E-EE77-403E-AC88-0DE3079B5024_zpse880div8.jpg

Among the Inner circles of the Dark Angels, the name Brother Lucifer is rarely mentioned in a voice higher than a whisper.

He is the oldest serving marine within the Rock, indeed nearly the Imperium. Only Bjorn of the Space Wolves is known to be older. His time started at the end of the Great Crusade, where he was one of the last recruits to join the legion before the Horus Heresy engulfed the Imperium.

Although a new recruit, he quickly became famed for his near reckless rush into the enemy ranks, several times he breached positions long before projected targets. He was quickly noticed by the Legions upper ranks and marked for great things.

His relative youth would come to be a benefit as the Legion was forced to engage their traitor brothers. As his lack of exposure to those his brothers had once embraced as comrades meant he had little trouble focusing his righteous fury on the followers of Horus.

He won many commendations during the Thumus Crusade, and the grudging respect of the Nightlords. Although against this foe his doom would be sealed.

He was part of the main Dark Angels fleet chasing the traitors to the Eye of Terror during the Scouring, one of the fleets last actions was when they encountered a fleet made up of several former legions. As always he was at the vanguard of the ship to ship assault, when his squad was ambushed by a number of Night Lords supported by a Contemptor Dreadnought.

Severly injured in the initial exchanges, the Night Lords passed him by, not realising he still lived, intent on wiping out the remains of his squad.Seeing they had dismissed him, Brother Lucifer charged a Melta bomb and leapt on the back of the traitor Contemptor.

The resulting blast from the walkers exploding reactor destroyed the rest of the Night Lords squad & fatally injured Brother Lucifer, although the remains of his squad were able to retrieve his shattered body and carry him back to his fleet.

His wounds were beyond the skill of the Apothacaries to heal, and it was decided to inter him in a dreadnought, so that he could further serve, however so great were his wounds that even after interment he did not regain consciousness for several months. Thus as the fleet drew back to Caliban, Lucifer was unaware of the events to come.

When Lucifer learned of the Prmachs death, his near insane fury almost led to the death of a number of Techmarines. He was deactivated as the upper echelons of the Legion discussed his fate. It was decided that his fragile mind could not deal with the betrayal of Luther, so he was told that traitors from the other legions had caused the destruction of Caliban and the death of Lion el Jonson.

This was later further complicated when the Fallen came to light, indeed it was argued that the risk of Brother Lucifer coming into contact with the Fallen was so great that he should be given the Emperors peace. However a different outcome was decided on, Brother Lucifer will die in battle.

Although the oldest dreadnought in the chapter, brother Lucifer is not a member of the Deathwing. He is not put ultilised in battle unless the need is greatest. He is usually dropped deep into enemy lines where his formidable presence will swing the battle or perish with honour, taking as many of the enemy with him. In 10,000 years the result has always been the former.

However one of the successive Inner Circles greatest fear is that one day, Brother Lucifer will encounter one he knew on Caliban as 'brother'.

DM

Interesting story. I like it, a lot. In fact, I'd like to read more about lucifer! I think I'd be nice to see his reaction to encountering a fallen angel. Well, nice to read it, I'm sure the DA will have a bad day. But if gw won't drive the line forward, why should we? Lol

I'm curious to see how you will paint him. Will he keep some sort of legion color scheme? Or will his armor be updated to green? Regardless of that, I think it'd be cool if you could add pre heresy style personal heraldry on the armor, it'll give him uniqueness, and be a subtle way of saying he's from the great crusade. But it's your leviathan, do what you will! I need to get one now >_>

I'm curious to see how you will paint him. Will he keep some sort of legion color scheme? Or will his armor be updated to green? Regardless of that, I think it'd be cool if you could add pre heresy style personal heraldry on the armor, it'll give him uniqueness, and be a subtle way of saying he's from the great crusade. But it's your leviathan, do what you will! I need to get one now >_>

I am definitely going to add some Legion colours, probably the DA symbol of the front and elsewhere.

I imagine Lucifer would be okay with the green 'to remember' Caliban.

DM

Archived