Heresy Era Imperial Fists army by Awaken Realms

Awaken_Realms

Hello,

For a significant amount of time we’ve been working recently on a Horus Heresy era army of  Imperial Fists army of big proportion, centered around Sigismund taking the war to Mars – we’ve painted it in a less-common, metallic approach rather than usual bright yellow. 

21aa28b55e5feaa3a086ab11e7d9ebdf.jpg

bfb5a147ed73a97802fb26393a08cbec.jpg

f338cf1e1b5e2e36f4d4b1079a9a820e.jpg

439ec56c2a79edbdd5b7803d22a0815d.jpg

110d1ba67dcfaa088c063f1dc07c488e.jpg

dfb59ed52c1e02b7d773bb324d24c15e.jpg

f3e73e99f387e05cdf280fe2c0c9b1f4.jpg

09754660c9d86956e309b8dc60ac3b9d.jpg

be6d23f9cdf5feebba86d7d1ede760d1.jpg

d6ff4f569dd76f8344b4287348ee1aa1.jpg

How do you like the final effect?

• 2 weeks later...

Wow awesome painting... but what happened to the cockpit glazing on the fire raptor?

Looks like someone fat-fingered the ejector button for the cockpit....

Seriously though, it looks like the glass is missing.

As for the subdued metallic color, it's hit or miss. I can see good and bad parts about the overall color tone used. My biggest beef however, is all of that green. I could definitely see if being used, yes.. but it's used a bit abundantly. Kind of in the same way that I don't necessarily approve the notion that every space marine should have blood-red eye lenses on the helmets.

Not every weapon needs the same exact color highlighting. E.G.: Blue plasma coils, green/orange volkite glows, purple/green/random grav-gun, and so on.

If it works for the customer, then nice. personally, that light just meshes horribly with the color scheme.

It is well done, but hate the colour scheme. The colours are suited for Custodian Guards not Imperial Fists.

Imperial FIsts are yellow, this is not even a metallic yellow, it is brown gold. Also I think the green OSL is a bit overpowering.

While excellently painted, I'm not overly keen on the scheme itself (Imperial Fists are yellow, these guys look like GDI) and there is just too much OSL, both in quantity and intensity for my liking.

I'll stand up for the colour scheme. It's an original take and I think better reflects the character of the fists. 2nd Co Ultramarines went from yellow to gold, and even the studio Fists have gone from canary to mustard yellow down the years. There's room in this hobby for interpretation and IMO this one works.

It would be interesting to know if GW would have chosen this more golden scheme over yellow if the paints had existed at the time to allow such a scheme. On the other hand at first glance you would not recognise this as an Imperial Fists army (more likely a successor) and so in that regard I think the interpretation doesn't work but like AGPO said nothing ventured nothing gained.

Archived