If you were to run Captain Tycho ...

Helias_Tancred

I do run Tycho and he is much better complemented by Sterguard and than Command Squad:

• Sternguard (5): Plasmagun x2, Combi-Plasma x2, Power Fist

If I were to take a Command Squad, however, I would do one of the two:

• Command Squad (5): Company Champion, Sanguinary Novitiate, 6x Plasma Pistol
  • Command Squad (5): Company Champion, Sanguinary Novitiate, 3x Plasmagun, 3x Storm Shield

Yeah I think Sternguard or the second command squad work there.

Stand and shoot. Even if he only had an ap3 weapon he'd be fine, no idea why they mauled the Dead Mans hand this codex. He was so cool in the last one :(

On a darker tone, i choose Death Company Captain Tycho.

Complete him with 9 other DC brothers (either with Bolter or Bolt Pistol/Chainsword) and a drop pod or a rhino, and you got a very hard force to deal with.

Tycho provide a real advantage to the squad, with his 2+/4++ and fnp 5+.....If your enemy do not have an AP2 weapon when fighting the squad, Tycho can litterally block the fight until you win the fight.

So a more "shooty" honor guard?

Yeah why not. Plasma guns and storm shields perhaps? Or Melta in a drop pod to combine with Tycho.

Really it's not too ideal as you have to have the champion too, but at least he can eat a threatening challenge...

Yeah. I like him with 7 Sternguard and either a Librarian or Priest (or both if running multiple detachments). Combi weapons to flavour, run the Libby with Divination powers and blow something away.

I've found this weeks really well in a droppod, though you need other pods for saturation or in a rhino.

EDC

On a darker tone, i choose Death Company Captain Tycho.

Complete him with 9 other DC brothers (either with Bolter or Bolt Pistol/Chainsword) and a drop pod or a rhino, and you got a very hard force to deal with.

Tycho provide a real advantage to the squad, with his 2+/4++ and fnp 5+.....If your enemy do not have an AP2 weapon when fighting the squad, Tycho can litterally block the fight until you win the fight.

I like using Tycho with a Boltgun DC but I really see no point in using the Lost version here, he is already 2+/4++ which arguably makes FNP on him useless and the DC already have FNP anyway. Id rather have the reliable 18" melta shot..

I like using Tycho with a Boltgun DC but I really see no point in using the Lost version here, he is already 2+/4++ which arguably makes FNP on him useless and the DC already have FNP anyway. Id rather have the reliable 18" melta shot..

I dont get it. DC Tycho still has blood song, and 2+/4++/5+++ is better than 2+/4++.

If youre using him to tank AP3 or worse, then FNP makes all the difference. Same if he's taking AP2 with the iron halo.

Archived