Changing to Blood Angels heresy

Theredknight

Hi all, I haven't been on much as I have sold all my 40k guys to replace them with.. 30k guys!

After playing a few games of 40k, I have fully changed over, maybe it's because I'm an older gen gamer and don't like how 40k has gone I don't know.

I have amassed about 3500pts so far in true Angels style, I cannot wait until the primarch is released, I'm sure it will be a gorgeous model.

Anyway, anyone else done the same or thinking of doing so?

Not as extreme, bit for now I'm slowly building up Death Guard.

But once book 8 comes out with our units (supposedly) HOO BOY I'll be switching back to the red seat. Most of my 40k stuff should be usable too with some tweaks as well.

I did think about using them as 30k, but they look to 40k for me and I guess I'm a sucker for resin!

Fresh start, plus I am getting an airbrush to get all those bad boys done.

Book 8? I know 7 is prospero (yet another legion) so be cool if 8 has sangy and ral in there. I'm holding off fear to tread until I'm painting them

Yeah, the current buzz from Bligh is that 8 is either BA/DA and some other shadow war stuff or Calth 2...

Id use mine sparingly. Like my flamer Tac squad would make great veterans, being in new armour and having a lot of black in the scheme. Similar to IF 30K Vets.

My vehicles will slot right in though, just more blacker than red.

I'm building a 30k BA army, I plan to strip all my red mk7 stuff and turn it into a C:SM army and then use my 30k marines for both systems. Tanks can mostly be used in both so that's not an issue and I'll have my 40k specific units too (DC/SG) .

EDC

I'm not thinking the same at all, but I admire people's commitment to the 30K fluff and style. I'm enjoying 40K more than ever, but it pleases me greatly that GW is giving their players many varied ways to interact with the hobby and setting.

I pretty much wrote 40k off in favor of 30k. So much more fun and less like, oh now I have to fight this cheesey thing, with my inadequte formations, which I hate the whole Idea of to begin with. Anyway enough rant, 30k is great, just get some Betrayal at Calth Marines, load up on chainswords and pistols and get some jump packs and build your required two assault squads.

I pretty much wrote 40k off in favor of 30k. So much more fun and less like, oh now I have to fight this cheesey thing, with my inadequte formations, which I hate the whole Idea of to begin with. Anyway enough rant, 30k is great, just get some Betrayal at Calth Marines, load up on chainswords and pistols and get some jump packs and build your required two assault squads.

Me too, it seems a more level playing field tbh, no ridiculous tau and eldar death formations and silly rules that come out of gw hq. Sure the rules aren't perfectly written, but you take that within a good group.

Plus there's hype and previews!!

I have plenty to put together and will be getting an airbrush to do them all with!

Archived