1500 Raven Guard Chosen Duty

Hergrmir

How's this for a small list? The idea is I can grow it out over time, but this core might remain useful. I'm not sure if there's too many bodies though - but at 1500 points and no crazy LoWs maybe a bunch of bodies CAN be hard to shift:

HQ:

Consul-Delegatus w/ Artificer Armour, Cameleoline, Melta Bomb

Centurion w/Artificer Armour, Cameleoline, Melta Bomb, Combi-weapon

Troops:

- 10 Veteran Tacticals w/Heavy Bolters and Sniper, Melta Bombs

Elites:

- 3 Graviton Rapiers

- 3 Laser Rapiers

Fast Attack:

- 3 Individual Landspeeders w/multi-melta an gravitons

Basically the plan is to get the rapiers a bead on whatever the other chap's biggest armour is, and have the veteran tacticals to deploy in order to go after appropriate targets, either lurking until transports are down or just getting right into it.

I doubt I'll see any aircraft at this point - for the most part the locals don't use them much. If I did need to deal with that, I'd rethink the list from the ground up I perhaps, but I'm just trying to get a start on painting up a take all comers type list.

If I keep this core, options to go bigger are to start bringing in armour - a Deredeo and a Contemptor Talon, or to lump the bolter marines into tactical squads, swap the characters for Maun and go for drop assault vanguard. The third option is to get some fliers in - a Caestus for my B@C terminators and a xiphon or lightning. For very large games I could combine these 'packages' in interesting ways.

I'm open to advice though - I've got the rapiers and have assembled a bunch of B@C marines - the only purchase for this would be Landspeeders. I've got a full dreadnought talon available, but I don't think I'd want to take anything less than three, and those then start to mean lower numbers as I have to drop other stuff at 1500 points.

Archived