You get wings, and you get wings, everybody gets wings!

Phiasco

So as I'm getting ready to put together my successor chapter, I'm tempted to give everyone sanguinary guard wings. Including the terminators and power armor guys that are sans jump pack. Has anyone ever seen an army modeled this way? Did it look good, or was it too much? Thanks!

There was a Grey Knights army by Awaken Realms that followed this concept zealously (pun not intended) a while back. Whilst exquisitely modelled, it had a Marmite effect on viewers - people either loved it or hated it. Winged Terminators either seem to look awesome or fall too far into the realms of unbelievability for many hobbyists.

There was a Grey Knights army by Awaken Realms that followed this concept zealously (pun not intended) a while back. Whilst exquisitely modelled, it had a Marmite effect on viewers - people either loved it or hated it. Winged Terminators either seem to look awesome or fall too far into the realms of unbelievability for many hobbyists.

Mostly the latter.

I don't even think about how much its going to cost you to get all those wings. At 55 bucks australian per 5 dudes (assuming you buy Sanguinary Guard kits to do this) you're looking at almost 200 bucks for just a tactical squad.

Even if you're made of money, I think it'll probably still look pretty bad. Im cringing just imagining it.

If you want to do it, do it! You'll have a unique looking army and it sounds pretty cool to me (make sure you start a thread here so we can follow your progress).

My only condition is you call the Successor Chapter 'The Red Bulls' msn-wink.gif

EDC

With that I now may have to do it.

The mind boggles at the cost of getting enough for the task! As already mentioned it's your army so do what you want etc... but I admit to never having seen wings on a Terminator before and thinking about it I'm not sure it'd work.

Though I'll happily be proved wrong if someone can point me in the direction of some good pictures!

The mind boggles at the cost of getting enough for the task! As already mentioned it's your army so do what you want etc... but I admit to never having seen wings on a Terminator before and thinking about it I'm not sure it'd work.

Though I'll happily be proved wrong if someone can point me in the direction of some good pictures!

Here you are

http://awakenrealms.com/galleries/winged-grey-knight-terminators/

Hmm! They look alright. I was thinking of the standard Sanguinary Guard ones slapped on a Terminator but the different design of those wings fits better. Still not my thing but I concede that they're not as horrible as first imagined ;)

Though I'll happily be proved wrong if someone can point me in the direction of some good pictures!

Here you are

http://awakenrealms.com/galleries/winged-grey-knight-terminators/

Now they look pretty good, better than I expected tbh. From the front.

The rear shot looks pretty horrible even with awakenrealms skills on hand.

Archived