3rd company elite 2500

dansupvi

Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) (2498pts)
  • HQ (132pts)
    • Legion Centurion (132pts)

Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Phoenix Spear, Refractor Field, Sonic Shrieker

• Consul

Chaplain

• Troops (930pts)
    • The Kakophani of the Emperor's Children (310pts)

9x Chora, Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier

• Orchestrator

Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Phoenix Spear

• Orchestrator

• Orchestrator

• Elites (276pts)
    • Palatine Blade Squad (276pts)

7x Palatine Warrior, 5x Pheonix Spear, Sonic Shriekers

• Palatine Prefector

Melta Bombs, Pheonix Spear

• Fast Attack (370pts)
    • Anvillus Pattern Dreadclaw Drop Pod (100pts)
    • Legion Jetbike Sky Hunter Squadron (270pts)

Melta Bombs, 6x Space Marine Sky Hunters

• Heavy Support (410pts)
    • Deredeo Pattern Dreadnought (220pts)

Aiolos Missile Launcher, Twin-linked Heavy Flamer

• Sicaran Venator Tank Destroyer (190pts)
  • Legion
    • Legion Astartes

III: Emperor's Children, Traitor

• Lord of War (380pts)
    • Fulgrim the Illuminator (380pts)

Fireblade, Primarch

• Master of the Legion

3rd Company Elite                     

not sure if I have enough AV any help would be nice from people who know ec better than me

fulgrim rides in the dreadclaw with the palatines and chaplain

edit: just realised that there is 1 too many palatine in the list so I'd take him out and have a few points spare

Nice list, very shooty!  while still mobile

For anti-tank, it really depends on your meta, if your regular opponents like to bring 3 land raiders, a spartan and a typhon, then you probably don't have enough anti tank... if they play lists similar to mine, then you're probably sweet...

With the points from dropping the Palantine Blade, I'd add two Volkite Culverins to the jetbike squad.

You probably don't need rhinos, power spears and melta bombs for the Kakophoni.  That 165 points could get you 3 Multi-melta, melta bomb attack bikes or 3 Laser destroyer array Rapiers.  That'd help out your anti-tank.

Also, those Palantine Blades, Chappy & Fulgrim are going to be mighty lonely as your only assault element... instead of the above, maybe swap the Anvillus out for a Land Raider and keep them as a reserve?  Since you're so shooty, hopefully you can get them to come to you!

Also, what Warlord Trait were you thinking for Fulgrim?  I like Master of Ambush.  You could have Fulgrim, chaplain, his boys & their Land Raider all infiltrating!  this will also help the land raid line up some side shots.

Nice list, very shooty! while still mobile

For anti-tank, it really depends on your meta, if your regular opponents like to bring 3 land raiders, a spartan and a typhon, then you probably don't have enough anti tank... if they play lists similar to mine, then you're probably sweet...

With the points from dropping the Palantine Blade, I'd add two Volkite Culverins to the jetbike squad.

You probably don't need rhinos, power spears and melta bombs for the Kakophoni. That 165 points could get you 3 Multi-melta, melta bomb attack bikes or 3 Laser destroyer array Rapiers. That'd help out your anti-tank.

Also, those Palantine Blades, Chappy & Fulgrim are going to be mighty lonely as your only assault element... instead of the above, maybe swap the Anvillus out for a Land Raider and keep them as a reserve? Since you're so shooty, hopefully you can get them to come to you!

Also, what Warlord Trait were you thinking for Fulgrim? I like Master of Ambush. You could have Fulgrim, chaplain, his boys & their Land Raider all infiltrating! this will also help the land raid line up some side shots.

thanks!

do you think they wont be able to work well as my only assault element? do i need to add more?

its a really hard list to make, because i want to have lots of kakophoni shooting it up, but i also want some cool phoenix spear wielding dudes! having a lot of trouble with it sad.png

id been thinking the one that further boosts his combat res, so he and the palatines can charge out of the dreadclaw and just wipe someone off the board

I think the squad is fine, but if you want to keep the 30 Kakophoni and have a prominently shooty army then I think they'd be better off in a Land Raider as a reaction squad rather than a spearhead in the dreadclaw.

Like other have said in the EC Tactica, I'd probably drop a Kakophoni squad for a unit of JP Palantine Blades, they can then move up and support Fulgrim's lads.  You also don't need that many spears on the dreadclaw squad either, I usually just run 3 in my Dreadclaw squad (with Fulgrim, sans Chaplain), 2 on regulars, 1 on the champ.  You're also in danger of having the squad you charge be completely destroyed and then shot to buggery... something I need to think about too...

So, if you drop 1 Kakophoni squad, 1 Palantine blade (to make them fit!), 3 spears for 362pts, you could add two Volkites to the Jetbike squad (still think you should also drop the Melta bombs, Sarge & spear and just use them as skirmishers), and a unit of 8 JP Palantine blades, again with 3 spears (10 if you drop the jetbike stuff).  That'd give you another very deadly combat unit.

I'm not quite sure why all your Kakophoni have Rhinos. Since they are Relentless and have long range guns, they work better when used as more mobile heavy support squads. Why not have Fulgrim Infiltrate them all exactly where you want them to be? This might produce some strangeness in regards to whether he can run with the Palatine Blades in the Dreadclaw.  I do agree that he might be better served in a Land Raider in this list mainly because its more focused around firepower instead of being aggressive and fighty.

Archived