Blood Phantoms WIP and help

Emprah2508

This is my successor chapter WIP.

I will be trying to paint a unit every week but at the moment I have nothing to paint(it's all done). But soon I shall be getting payed (new models yay!) I'll be getting some bikes and a tactical squad. I need some help on how to equip them. I was thinking grav guns but how many should I use because I think 2 would mean that if they were shot at I would lose points quickly.grav pistol or combi grav for the sergeant? What do I give the tacticals( I already have a squad with a lascannon, plasma gun and a combi grav(I split them usually). Your help is greatly appreciated. :D

PS I will have pics soon and I also have a sanguinary Priest on a bike for the bikes.

With the Bikes it really depends on what your plan is. The following load out is 163 points:

• Sergeant with combi-grav and melta bombs
  • 2 x Bikers with grav guns
  • Attack Bike with multi melta

This is an ideal unit for us. However, if you are using it alone I would suggest taking another two Bikes (ablative wounds if you will), but if you plan on running more than one squad then just use multiples of the above.

The combi-grav over the grav pistol on a Bike is preferred for the range and to exploit the bike's Relentless platform.

In my opinion, unless you're stuck on points, always take the option to upgrade to a special weapon. If you're adding a Priest, this will give an extra layer of protection so you can worry less - of course, if something wants to kill them bad enough there's not much you can do, so don't worry about the upgrades.

A Priest has WS 5. Ideally you would make use of this with Valor's Edge but failing that, a Power Axe can work (the Sergeant becomes the challenge monkey allowing the Priest to swing at the squad, of course this may vary depending on what Detachment you are using)

I've only had one game with them like this so far but I will be tweaking when needed. How about this for a non cheesy scary list aimed to help my friend learn 40k without being destroyed.

Sang priest

Bike

VE

Tac squad

Plasma

Combi plasma

Tac squad

Lascannon

Terminator squad

Heavy flamer

Chainfist

Exactly 500 points.