30 years Space Marines

Lostrael

To properly celebrate this 30th anniversary I created a bigger/scaling version of the old legion symbol, which I like to share.

I hope it is not to far off from the original. 

Old legion symbol

It was a svg, which cannot be uploaded, so I had to convert it into a png. 

Perhaps, I'll print it on a t-shirt to remind myself that I'm to easy distracted. 

Looks great! I'm always awestruck by all you veterans. I stated playing in 2014, and seeing the veterans remembering rt is amazing. I like seeing how far we've come through all of you.

Is anyone planning on getting the 30 year space marine?

i am getting one, he will be filling in a spot in some sternguard that im doing up as not consecrators. because making decals is too much work ive been using the default dark angels logo as well as some reaper iconography using some cloth banners that im adding post painting

You know me, always a fan of the old RT era stuff, shame I actually wasn't collecting back then but still really love the stuff from that era, definitely going to try and get that MK6 mini on the 15th.

I was reading the description on the 30th anniversary marine and it says he comes with rules to field him (along with his disintegrator guns i assume).  I just wonder wether those rules will be for C:SM only or any chapter? Cool as he is (and will look all DA'ed up) and as much as I want to get the fellow, nigh on £20 for a single guy I can't even field seems a bit wasteful when I could be getting a drop pod for not much more.

I was reading the description on the 30th anniversary marine and it says he comes with rules to field him (along with his disintegrator guns i assume). I just wonder wether those rules will be for C:SM only or any chapter? Cool as he is (and will look all DA'ed up) and as much as I want to get the fellow, nigh on £20 for a single guy I can't even field seems a bit wasteful when I could be getting a drop pod for not much more.

it's not a disintegrator it's a combi weapon with bayonette. I imagine it means he just has +1 attack in cc always

He can join any marine unit with power armour not on a bike (because screw you bikes you got enough handouts this Ed).

That would be my guess on his rules.

Faction wise he will be for every space marine except for grey nights. And chaos marines will probably be included. (Cause why not)

And yea it's 30 bucks with a limit of 1 per customer in most places because of the limited supply. The last time my local GW got the 25yr guy he was gone in a matter of minutes after the doors opened. I myself am phoning in sick that day or sending my brother down on my behalf to get it when the door opens. He or I will be down there in line at 9am and I will camp outside for 3 hours. This one event will drag all the players as well as the resellers from the woodworks and it's going to get packed quickly.

Also the white dwarf this week coming up has an entire section on land raiders and their variants over the years or designs from the tracked cookie box, to the excelsior.

When I found this guy here from 1989 (or 1988 not sure) in my collection, I tried to find some pics and dig a bit into history.

Old Space Marine

The new model is definitely prettier and I'm sure it will be a better cast.happy.png

You can order it online as well, some people sound as if its limited to just stores, which is what I thought at first. But they have it up on pre orders saying its only available on 16th - 17th.

Archived