Deathwing Redemption Force and other Deathwing Rules

zarkotics

Except we all know what is intended and people are just trying to cheese it up.

Actually I'm really dubious when it comes "we all know what was intended"...

I mean, don't mistake, I believe that the DWSF wasn't made with the intention to let a LR deep strike...

BUT I read everywhere that the DWSF was made with the intention to be deployed by DS and not allowing dedicated LR"

Sorry but we're not in conceptors' minds and actually nobody knows if it's true or if there's a typo. Using this reasonning we could argue that the conceptors created the RWSF with, in mind, that it should be leaded by Sammael and only by him. Then we discovered that GW managed to forget half of a sentence in the RWSF restriction (...or a character with a space marine bike)n if they can forget to write that much, what else have they forgotten?

You could state that it was implied by the fact you had 3 HQ available. I could reply that the possibility to play LR is implied by the fact that this detachment cannot be played alone without auto lose turn one and is the only one as such in the entire game. I could also say that it is a way to differenciate the DWSF from the DWRF which is too close from each other to justify 2 different formation.

I believe that DWRF doesn't allow transport as it is a Lion's Blade formation and therefore has a structure that allows to paly with multiple formation and whose first purpose is to be played in multiple formations detachements.

BUT I deeply believe that :

A/ the conceptors wanted to write the restrictions as such : The units of this detachment that are kept in reserve must be place in deep strike reserve.

B/ if they didn't, they simply didn't realize what it imply in term of game. Why they didn't? Simply because they don't playtest and cannot imagine all the range of possibilities exist for creating an army (is there actually a DA player in the conception team?). I f you show them the problem I bet they'll add the little piece of sentence that is missing.

But I cannot believe that they created the DWSF with the will to make it 99% identical to DWRF with in mind that you should autoloose if you play DW...

A/ the conceptors wanted to write the restrictions as such : The units of this detachment that are kept in reserve must be place in deep strike reserve.

B/ if they didn't, they simply didn't realize what it imply in term of game. Why they didn't? Simply because they don't playtest and cannot imagine all the range of possibilities exist for creating an army (is there actually a DA player in the conception team?). I f you show them the problem I bet they'll add the little piece of sentence that is missing.

But I cannot believe that they created the DWSF with the will to make it 99% identical to DWRF with in mind that you should autoloose if you play DW...

I mostly agree with you.

Would like to further add how bewildered i am that the rules for drop pod assault (and summoned to war) are written as "must be place in deep strike reserve", when the unit does not have the deep strike special rule. The very first sentence any one would find, if they are new and did not know what deep strike reserve is would be : "in order for a unit to be able to deep strike, [...] must have the deep strike special rule".

maybe case like this fall into the provision made in the same paragraph: "some units must arrive by deep strike. they always begin the game in reserve and always arrive by deep strike."

in any case, is seems the rules concerning deep strike are very blurry and poorly written since arriving by deep strike, being placed in deep strike reserve and having the deep strike special rule are all different thing with the same name.

Common sense... Yeah... How I hate this expression is beyond beliefs <_<

Common sense is often use to describe the sense of the user of this expression... And only him.

I mean : everybody's got a common sense. The funniest thing that though being "common" it is actually unique... It is made by the mix of education, own experience and cultural influences...

Common sense is what made someone put his cat in the microwave oven to dry it after a bath. Common sense made him think "well this machine make something hot without the use of heat, it won't be dangerous for my beloved kitty and he will be dry rapidly... We all know how it ended up.

So please... If you want all this people stop discussing because this won't find any resolution until someone clearly has a chat with a game developper and actually film it or make him change the FAQ, then say it this way...

But please don't invok the common sense...

Archived