Angels of Death Supplement for DA too?

Epher

Look what I found right next to Sammy on the GW website! It would appear that we have access to the new supplement. From the supplement page:

"This 128-page softback supplement for Codex: Space Marines is designed for any and all Space Marines armies!"

It is probably full of "For use with Codex: SM only" statements throughout the rules for the formations. Should be interesting either way.

med_gallery_83962_10975_89651.jpg

Hopefully it's usable by us. I really want to get it. Maybe we'll get access to centurions and find out the Lion was hiding inside of one along with dorn. +1 one if you got the reference ha.

But on a serious note. Maybe a termie formation could buff the deathwing.

Anyone can use any Formations anyways, regardless of whether the units required to do so are in Codex: Dark Angels or not.  Ergo, ANYONE can use the Formations in the book.  If there is a Formation for them, Space Wolves. Blood Angels, or Dark Angels could run Centurians or Stormravens (or &?@#%$! Honour Guard :p ) if they want to.  Now what would be different is if all of these new Formations included a simple statement like, "All models in the Formation must use the Chapter Tactics of another Formation in the army."  Then the Formations really would be a part of whatever other codex one uses regardless of what codex the units come from, but if no such statement is present then any units that come from C: SM must still use one of the Chapter Tactics from C: SM, and not that of the Dark Angels or some other codex.  Whoever sees/gets it first will have to post about it.

Anyone can use any Formations anyways, regardless of whether the units required to do so are in Codex: Dark Angels or not. Ergo, ANYONE can use the Formations in the book. If there is a Formation for them, Space Wolves. Blood Angels, or Dark Angels could run Centurians or Stormravens (or &?@#%$! Honour Guard :p ) if they want to. Now what would be different is if all of these new Formations included a simple statement like, "All models in the Formation must use the Chapter Tactics of another Formation in the army." Then the Formations really would be a part of whatever other codex one uses regardless of what codex the units come from, but if no such statement is present then any units that come from C: SM must still use one of the Chapter Tactics from C: SM, and not that of the Dark Angels or some other codex. Whoever sees/gets it first will have to post about it.

The formation datasheets have a symbol at the top that determines which faction the datasheet belongs to. The space marine symbol is distinct from the dark angel one, and would indicate which codex it came from. So yes you could take a skyhammer annihilation force and paint them green but they won't have grim resolve, they'll have chapter tactics

What I'd like to point out is that it going fully generic isn't that farfetch'd (see wut I did there). I mean we get to use the Firespear because of this as we have the terminator captain in caraphracti armour as part of our army overcoming the only obstacle between us and using that formation.

Apparently the only things from this supplement that we can actually use as C:DA is the new Psychic Powers.
Everything else is for C:SM and the chapters derived from it.

I was sad about not being able to have Contemptor officially for C:DA detachments (Lion's Blade, Deathwing Strike Force.)

Like we can't use the Cataphractii TDA. Our Captain is not a Captain but a Company Master, and our Termies are not Terminators but Deathwing Terminators. Plus it's states Space Marine on all three of them in the listing.,,

• 2 weeks later...
After having read chunks of the supplement, I don't think any part is available to DA. I can't tell if the psyker powers are available either. It's important to note that "Space Marine" being flung around refers to "Codex: Space Marine." This "Angel of Death" rip off of the original Angels is not for us. It is to enhance "Codex: Space Marine" sub-text chapters, not DA Codex. It is important to now know that we are not legally Space Marines, we are Dark Angels. GW is absolutely childish in not delineating the difference directly in the intros. Please correct me if I am wrong, but that book isn't anything for us. Sub-text chapters deserve their own stuff anyways, although that dev/assault formation DSing 1st turn that is relentless and able to assault is the sickest formation I've seen in any SM Codex. Vanilla Marines can charge from a pod but Deathwing (masters in Galaxy) can't? Also no Comtemptors for the oldest legion? GW has forsaken the fluff in all of its glories. GW is wrecking the art to the game with a quickness.

Only the psyker power are available to the DA. For the rest we have to wait for a DA supplement.

I see the rule now.  It states all Space Marine Factions can pull from the psyker power.  So if they state "Space Marine Faction," then we are included in the vague concept of "Space Marine".

Only the psyker power are available to the DA. For the rest we have to wait for a DA supplement.

I see the rule now. It states all Space Marine Factions can pull from the psyker power. So if they state "Space Marine Faction," then we are included in the vague concept of "Space Marine".

correct, so don't even bother with the supplement just buy the data cardpack

After having read chunks of the supplement, I don't think any part is available to DA. I can't tell if the psyker powers are available either. It's important to note that "Space Marine" being flung around refers to "Codex: Space Marine." This "Angel of Death" rip off of the original Angels is not for us. It is to enhance "Codex: Space Marine" sub-text chapters, not DA Codex. It is important to now know that we are not legally Space Marines, we are Dark Angels. GW is absolutely childish in not delineating the difference directly in the intros. Please correct me if I am wrong, but that book isn't anything for us. Sub-text chapters deserve their own stuff anyways, although that dev/assault formation DSing 1st turn that is relentless and able to assault is the sickest formation I've seen in any SM Codex. Vanilla Marines can charge from a pod but Deathwing (masters in Galaxy) can't? Also no Comtemptors for the oldest legion? GW has forsaken the fluff in all of its glories. GW is wrecking the art to the game with a quickness.

All Space Marines are Angels of Death. We just happened to have our first codex named Angels of Death.

The new Psychic Disciplines are usable by all Adeptus Astartes but only the card pack for the new powers have it showing we do (even though the website page says we can use them, it doesn't actually say it in the book....)

I am a little sad DA don't have turn 1 DSing formations especially sense we have the army (company...,) that is all about DSing into combat... (that Dev/Assault formation is a bit ridiculous.)

The book was pretty clear that it is a supplement for Codex: Space Marines, though.

With how they try to make each new thing a bit more powerful... Maybe we will get a new supplement. Called "Angels of More Death" and it has better stuff for us and BA. lol

With how they try to make each new thing a bit more powerful... Maybe we will get a new supplement. Called "Angels of More Death" and it has better stuff for us and BA. lol

Love it :D

Yes it's a bit of a shame that DA don't get more of a look in with this supplement. I seriously doubt there'll be another version produced for the unlucky 'Angels of Death' not to be included in the Angels of Death.

I'm not even sure the psychic powers we can access are worth it, but as I haven't even studied them yet what do I know?

The good thing: you don't need to buy the supplement to access them. You can get the psychic cards separately. Come on GW that's almost very sensible - what went wrong at that marketing meeting ;)

Cheers

I

Archived