Firespear Strike Force and some repackaged models

Paikis

So I've heard that we can now take the Firespear Strike Force formation, because we can substitute the Ven Dread in the formation for a Contemptor. I'm wondering how good that force is, allowing your dudes to shoot twice instead of moving sounds good to me.

Also, GW has a bunch of "new" stuff up on their site, I'm wondering if the Captain, the Terminator Captain and the Chaplain are new models included in the three kits linked? Please note it links to the Australian site, don't scream too loud at the prices.

Regarding your first paragraph, yes we can take them - just like we can take anything we want in our army - but they are not currently Faction Blood Angels.

As for your second paragraph, they are all repacks. The TDA Captain was in Strike Force Ultra, Dr Robotnik Captain was in Strike Force Solaq and the Chaplain was in the Reclusiasm Command Squad box.

As an aside, the SM Heroes box is excellent value for £30 (on current pricing standards that is).

Regarding your first paragraph, yes we can take them - just like we can take anything we want in our army - but they are not currently Faction Blood Angels.

I believe the new Angels of Death book allows us to take the Firespear Strikeforce as Blood Angels and not as generic marines with a red coat of paint. Previously, we couldn't do this because we can't field Venerable Dreadnaughts, so we counldn't fulfil the requirements of the formation. But with the new Angels of Death book, you can use a Contemptor in place of any other Dreadnaughts. This combined with the fact that the Firespear Strikeforce is NOT any specific faction, should mean that we can use it as Blood Angels.

Am I wrong?

As far as I am aware, GW's Contemptor rules are for Faction Space Marines only and it is these which you can switch in for listed Dreadnoughts.

The BA Contemptor, found in Imperial Armour Apocalypse, is not a GW Contemptor but a separate FW Datasheet and thus, can't be switched in for anything.

The formation (Firespear Strike Force) is faction: Codex Space Marines, not faction: Blood Angels.

We are by all accounts as separate an army from Codex Space Marines as we are Codex Imperial Guard (Astra Millitarum).

We just share some naming conventions on our units :)

Sadly, unless they are red marines, and we choose one of the chapter tactics in the Codex Space Marine book, we cannot use the formations.

As far as I am aware, GW's Contemptor rules are for Faction Space Marines only and it is these which you can switch in for listed Dreadnoughts.

The BA Contemptor, found in Imperial Armour Apocalypse, is not a GW Contemptor but a separate FW Datasheet and thus, can't be switched in for anything.

That is unfortunate. Ah well, I think we can still take the formation as "Red Marines".

The formation (Firespear Strike Force) is faction: Codex Space Marines, not faction: Blood Angels.

We are by all accounts as separate an army from Codex Space Marines as we are Codex Imperial Guard (Astra Millitarum).

We just share some naming conventions on our units smile.png

Sadly, unless they are red marines, and we choose one of the chapter tactics in the Codex Space Marine book, we cannot use the formations.

I know we are seperate factions, but where do you see that it is Faction: CSM? I don't see any faction symbols on the datasheet, nor do I see them on our formations. If the winged blood drop above the name of our formations is what makes them codex: blood angels, then the Firespear Strikeforce DOES NOT have the winged skull that the other formations in C:SM have.

In other words; are you sure?

Well. The winged blood drop is indeed the indicator.

I am 100% sure too as the codex supplement is for codex space marines, so it is only usable for that codex.

Believe me, I want a strike force for us just as much as the next guy (though the Baal one is still great) but it's for codex Space Marines only my friend!

I don't see any faction symbols on the datasheet, nor do I see them on our formations. If the winged blood drop above the name of our formations is what makes them codex: blood angels, then the Firespear Strikeforce DOES NOT have the winged skull that the other formations in C:SM have.

In other words; are you sure?

Winged Blood Drop is BA

Winged blade is the space marines.

For a full list, check the factions list on the allies matrix in the rule book :)

Archived