angels of death might be available to BA soon?

Blindhamster

Sorry I wasn't clear. I mean in the literal rules terms. As chapter tactics do not mix and cancel each other out of we got the change to "chapter tactics: blood angels" then we wouldn't be able to do some of the combos I was planning.

And I don't see why we would get the chapter tactics rule, it makes sense in terms of the vanilla codex as it covers a lot of chapters. Our book is just us, same as how DA just get "grim resolve" and thier book came out after vanilla too.

When you consider the strength of some chapter tactics (white scars) and the strength of grim resolve, I do sort of feel red Thirst (+1I on charge) should be baseline for us.

Then again they'll probably bake that into our demi company (like it sort of it now) and then our battle company bonus will (hopefully) be assault vehicle transports <3

Just had confirmation from the warhammer 40k facebook page that the 30 year space marine is not usable outside or codex spade marines fyi

View the field in which I grow the flips I give about that, and see it is barren.

"Not usable" Hah.

The entirety of 6th ad 7th edition has been all about using all the models you can.

I'll be using it in my BA, even if it's with an allied white scar librarian and tactical squad.

It's odd that we don't have any deep strike assault options, that's my biggest concern. I play flesh tearers and it's strange to see skyhammer being CSM only.

The new psychic cards I just picked up go along way to letting me live that dream. One power let's you switch your libs unit with another( eg scout bikes

Two things, 

1.  Try and quell the rage.  Things are getting unconstructive and negative as a whole.  This is obviously another kick in the teeth for us, and its very clearly a pity since its so easily manageable from GW side.  But, that's our lot - so find a way to make these work and work around the obvious and frustrating oversights. 

2.  To the non-BA players telling the BA players to calm down; that's not really your place to say. Some of the posts go a long way to highlight the misunderstandings of what the BA players are frustrated about in the first place.  Its not about shiny toys, or being different or being powerful - its about being branded as codex adherent from year dot, only to be saddled with (identical) units with vastly different (and underrated) statlines/gear from those we're branded as being the same as.  
Its GW saying:  

"Hey...here are your choices - a plain vanilla icecream with a red cone, OR a chocolate one, with your choice of up to 12 toppings, dips, a chocolate bar and attached medical cover.  Oh they're the same price too. Oh, also, you can trade out the chocolate icecream for vanilla if you want.  But,...hey, hey now! Dont get greedy you cant have the red cone! That's unique and special to those people wanting the plain vanilla"

The frustration is entirely understandable.  

Two things, 

1.  Try and quell the rage.  Things are getting unconstructive and negative as a whole.  This is obviously another kick in the teeth for us, and its very clearly a pity since its so easily manageable from GW side.  But, that's our lot - so find a way to make these work and work around the obvious and frustrating oversights. 

2.  To the non-BA players telling the BA players to calm down; that's not really your place to say. Some of the posts go a long way to highlight the misunderstandings of what the BA players are frustrated about in the first place.  Its not about shiny toys, or being different or being powerful - its about being branded as codex adherent from year dot, only to be saddled with (identical) units with vastly different (and underrated) statlines/gear from those we're branded as being the same as.  

Its GW saying:  

"Hey...here are your choices - a plain vanilla icecream with a red cone, OR a chocolate one, with your choice of up to 12 toppings, dips, a chocolate bar and attached medical cover.  Oh they're the same price too. Oh, also, you can trade out the chocolate icecream for vanilla if you want.  But,...hey, hey now! Dont get greedy you cant have the red cone! That's unique and special to those people wanting the plain vanilla"

The frustration is entirely understandable.  

All 100% true, but in terms of our week to week gaming, sadly irrelevant. Perhaps the best way is to think of ways (allies, new psy powers etc) that we can still run a competitive list? For sure it sucks being told/thinking your playing a 2nd tier army, but I like the challenge of playing an army that can't auto win. We've been given some game changing psy powers that's are a step in the right direction.

So I play tested the libraries conclave versus tyranids today. 3x lvl2 jp Libby's in a sanguinary gaurd squad with priest rolling on Librarius, fulmination and geo. I didn't roll anything game breaking except veil for the second game.

Veil on those guys essentially made him not bother shooting them. And firing off the primarus and witchfires can really horde break.

Great disciplines really rate them. Geo is very underwhelming versus nids with the majority having move through cover, but I was going for that shifting world scape lol

R

But you can take a SM conclave as a formation, running them as White Scars to five out FnP.

EDC

Are you sure you don't mean hit and run? White Scars Librarians have no special access to feel no pain.

That is exactly what I meant. Well done on passing the 'Lets see who's paying attention test' ;)

EDC

While it's frustrating that it's only SM only, we atleast have the models to field most of these things. While i prefer mostly playing BA, red marines is totally fine to add some flavor and variety.  Books like for example nids, don't have the 'red marine' option. What baffles me is i would assume from a business perspective it would be smart to include more chapters when they have already done the legwork. C'est la vie.

I think it is all based on the social contract. If you ask your opponent before hand, It shouldn't be a problem. TOs will more than likely ban the model in competitive scenes anyways. 

Me: "So, I just bought the Special Edition model, but he's not technically allowed in my chapter, would you have a problem if I played him?"

Opponent: "No worries, that's fine"

Me: "Awesome, thanks mate!"
*replaces one tac marine*

Opponent: "Um, no offense, but that's pretty powerful I would prefer if you didn't"

Me: "No worries, next game maybe?"
*Leaves uber marine in box*

Opponent: "Um, no offense, but that's pretty powerful I would prefer if you didn't"

Me: "No worries, next game maybe?"

*Leaves uber marine in box*

Or alternatively:

"No worries, he'll just be a regular bolter dude, if you don't mind."

The only worthwhile parts of the thing are the formations and I have no qualms with using the formations as C:SM allies.. I don't see what the fuss is about in the least..

Less the formations within, and more the lingering issues of WS/BS3 scouts, 2A Dreads, no vehicle squads etc.

Though, for all our AV/ invulnerable troop needs there is the Gorgon Strike Force <3

Archived