Red Marines

Jorre

Hidden Content

I owned both armageddon (the only 3rd ed black templar rules and they were not very early in the edition) and blood angels suppliment. Black Templars had significantly less differences from marines than blood angels, the key one was the crusade squads.*

Blood angels had:

Reclusiarch, sanguinary priests, honour guard (long before marines had the concept), death company, veteran assault marines, Furioso dreadnoughts, baal predators and our own version of scout squads. We then also had over charged engines and unique wargear plus a bunch of characters.

Black Templars got their first codex as stand alone in 4th ed... when blood angels were stuck with a crummy pdf.

*from a rules standpoint

Well I still have those codexes and I'll just have to disagree that a chapter with a nearly identical to ultramarines chapter/company organization is in fact more codex compliant than a chapter with no companies, no tactical squads, no devastator squads, and no scout squads...

The is my last on that topic in this thread. Despite ba being rollable, they won't be.

Hopefully...

I know we can't use them , but are the Cataphracii and contempt or basically a la 30k?

EDC

Conmtemptor: Better stats (WS/BS5 4A), but fewer options than normal ones. Only Kheres or Multimelta and a combi bolter in the fist as is the plastic kit.

Cataphractii: Resounding Meh. Only ranged upgrade is heavy flamer. Can be lightning claws/ power/ chain fist. That's it. No combis/ storm shields/ hammers from 30k etc.

And yeah - the Iron Hands Decurion is an awesome Ally for us.

If you want armour, the minimum buy in is 6 Tanks and a Tech Marine, which can be as cheap as 6 individual whirlwinds + tyhe techies (450 points I guess?). They ALL get machine spirit so are mostly identical to our fast versions too. By doing this you also get contemptor access and super ultra death star access. Also Thunder Fire Cannons.

Pretty nifty and an easy way for us to get massed, powerful armour for a BA core. No to mention the buffs you could give them all with Technomancy.

Okay guys well most of the results are in for the book. The only SUPER thing is the new Iron Hands detachment in my opinion.

Purely because you can get a 2+/3++/2+++ Chapter Master on a bike with a command squad that have 3++/3+++, then if you are lucky some psykers can make them T6.

That combo was bad enough, now there is a formation that makes them even better? That's really sickening.

Yeah, I'm gonna to need to paint up some non chapter specific SM for an allied force...

EDC

The beauty of having a successor - don't need to paint anything different. just arm them so.

Does it not get confusing for your opponent though? I think I'd find it hard to keep track of my own forces if some models were BA and others were red marines.

Besides, one can never have enough marines :)

EDC

Yeah, I'm gonna to need to paint up some non chapter specific SM for an allied force...

EDC

The beauty of having a successor - don't need to paint anything different. just arm them so.

Does it not get confusing for your opponent though? I think I'd find it hard to keep track of my own forces if some models were BA and others were red marines.

Besides, one can never have enough marines smile.png

EDC

WELL - maybe.... But considering with the builds im running it'll mainly be the BA exclusive units that are BA should be fine.

Just stick a little coloured round sticker on the side of the base for everything that isn't BA and your problem is solved.

Pretty much!

I mean - the terminators I'll run are gold anyway! And there is no way I'll be running any normal infantry as IH so it's all good.

I cant stop thinking about the possibilities with IH now... I'm genuinely not fussed if either codex got updated now!

Archived