Best loadout for 3 knight variants

Hi guys

I have 3 knights but am a little baffled what to load them out as. 1 I am def very keen to load out as Gerantius the forgotten and maybe another as a warden. I was gonna field the other as the obsidian knight but not being able to take him in 40k means I am deciding between a crusader or gallant mainly. Any suggestions ?

Magnetizing these guys is easy, so I'd go that route. I'm not a huge fan of Errants, but Paladins and Wardens are solid. You could also convert one to a Styrix.

How is the Styrix? 

On paper it looks awesome with the 5x str 8 ap 3 and then again the 30pts couldve helped to go for the Stormspear pod.

Edited by Aethyran

To be honest with three knights I can build 2 avenger gatling cannons, and either 2 battle cannons and 1 melta or 2 melta and 1 battle cannon completely and just magnetise at elbow. I don't ever see myself running more than 1 melta anyway so 2 battle cannons and 1 melta seem the obvious choice. Don't see the point in magnetising all 3 for a choice of battle cannon or melta either, maybe one if I really want.

Yep. I don't see how "worst gun option with only one shot that has to be close to be effective" translates to "more aggressive".

Not sure how "has to get close" does not equal "more aggressive" in your mind. It sure does for me.

SJ

Magnetizing these guys is easy, so I'd go that route. I'm not a huge fan of Errants, but Paladins and Wardens are solid. You could also convert one to a Styrix.

How is the Styrix? 

On paper it looks awesome with the 5x str 8 ap 3 and then again the 30pts couldve helped to go for the Stormspear pod.

The gun is pretty awesome, it's true, but it's not going to match the damage output of a battle cannon and a stormspear pod. it's a shame it can't buy a pod for itself, despite having a questoris frame.  You're really paying points for the super ionic shield that reduces enemy firepower by 1S or 2S if it's a blast weapon.  The siege claw is super cool, but it's 25 points for a flamer and situational wrecker rule.

In Questoris lists, it works well as a Preceptor, for intercepting marines coming out of deep strike and glancing transports to death.  It's also an interesting contender for Seneschal for +1BS and a stronger save to push its durability further.  And of course there is always Arbalester for tank hunter and skyfire.

The 40K formations will give you more bang for your buck, but won't be as cool.

Ok so choice has been made. Gonna build the two avenger gatling cannons, 3 reaper chainswords, 2 thunderstrike gauntlets, 2 Icarus array, mag the 2 rocket pods, build one battle cannon, one melta and mag the last battlecannon/melta. That should give me enough options that I need.

Where can I possibly find info on kitbashing for conversions ?

The interwebz.

Anyone have a brand / exact size of various magnets they used to convert the arms and tops of their Errant/Castellan/Warden Knights?

I like K&J Magnets, they have s huge selection of sizes and shapes, all for realky cheap.

SJ