1750 Questoris Knight List-Dark Mechanicum

Wolfbiter

Hi all. With the announcement of the new Imperial Knight: Renegade game this month, I am thinking about building a Questoris Knight list for Horus Heresy. However, our venue is a very friendly, non-competitive environment and our group tries to avoid hyper-competitive games. 

I had been reading about Archimagos Draykavac and his option to create a mixed Knight/Battle-Automata list sounded very intriguing to me. I had an idea for a House Atrax/Cyclotrathe army, but I've only played 40k games using one borrowed Knight previously and am not familiar how multiple-knight lists play. 

The army is emphatically not intended to be optimized to win at all costs-it's the models I like the best and wanted to paint the most. Before I start my purchases though, I wanted to ask for some comments/criticism of the list-especially if it would be too overpowered at 1750 or if there would be other issues (like having only one scoring unit, lol). Thanks in advance!

QUESTORIS KNIGHT LIST-HOUSE ATRAX

HQ:

Archimagos Draykavac (295)

Abeyant, 2 Cyber-occularis

TROOPS

Scion Martial-Questoris Knight Paladin (405)

2 x bio-corrosive stubbers, Occular Augmetics, Rapid-Fire battlecannon

Castellax Battle-Automata x 2 (260)

Mauler Bolt Cannons, Flamer (1 each), Enhanced Targeting Array, Frag Grenades

FAST ATTACK

Vorax Battle-Automata x 3 (295)

1 Irad-cleanser, bio-corrosive ammunition, Enhanced Targeting Array, Frag Grenades

HEAVY SUPPORT

Scion Arbalester-Questoris Knight Crusader OR Questoris Knight Styrix (I haven't made up my mind here...)

Crusader: Stormspear Rocket Pod, Rapid-Fire Battlecannon/Stubber (495)

Styrix: Hekaton Siege Claw, Occular Augmetics (465)

Total: 1750 or 1720, depending on if i take a Crusader or Styrix

The only issue with running Archmagos Draykavac in a Questoris Knights list is that he never has a unit that he can join; he can't join Castellax or Vorax as he doesn't have Patris Cybernetica! So bear in mind that he'll be walking around solo.

1 scoring unit in 30k is going to hurt, but you've already identified that issue. 2 Knights can be dealt with (hopefully) by most armies; any more than that and you'll probably start stomping your opponents a bit too regularly. There's a reason that Knight armies are "by mutual consent" in many tournaments. Having 1 scoring unit might help balance things for your opponents.

Styrix vs. Crusader? Renegade will have 1 of each of the plastic Knights in it, won't it? Crusader is definitely a cheaper option then.

Archived