XVII Legion - The Flayed Hand

causon13

The Emperor has denied all claims to godhood, but there are other gods, older gods, gods who will hear our pleas and reward our service with more than empty promises and false dreams. In their name we will have our revenue, and the Emperor will regret that he spurned our loyalty in the ashes of Monarchia. [[unknown transmission intercept//Calth war zone]]

The first of my Word Bearers, below. Trying to find a good scheme of which I can easily replicate and looks decent on the tabletop...!

C&C welcome.

26196297140_f15df6f39f_b.jpg

Paint scheme looks good - always an idea not to make it too complicated so that you can replicate it easily, and get through all those troops... His face is grim! (in a good way!!). I'm also very into the empty hand look at the moment. what else do you have planned?

He looks enraged yet sorrowful, almost lamenting his future actions. Nice conversion and the scheme looks suitable for a son of Lorgar. Will be keeping an eye on these traitor scum :D

Paint scheme looks good - always an idea not to make it too complicated so that you can replicate it easily, and get through all those troops... His face is grim! (in a good way!!). I'm also very into the empty hand look at the moment. what else do you have planned?

thanks a lot, mate.

I have a lot planned (and built) and going for a flamer heavy army - in keeping with what I believe would suit WB best - I'm not overly bothered if it performs well on the battletop as long as it suits the WB narrative happy.png

I have an infernus predator in the bag still and a few squads of flamers and heavy flamers (can you see where I'm going with this?).

I also have the two below WIPs of Breachers and Diabolist... where I need to attach a few trophies etc... to make them stand out a little more.

C&C most welcome!

26505421465_5c4b89fe7a_b.jpg

26505421995_76a2e39280_b.jpg

sorry for the double post but I've made progress on two others... still WIP mind...

25976914803_e9a93135ec_b.jpg

26487292402_c7bf42322b_b.jpg

Plus I have this beauty to look forward to working on! I have some trophies to adorn him with... and maybe litter a few Ultramarine items around on his base for good measure happy.png

26553846316_b600735960_b.jpg

Next two guys look great too - very neat decals; I can never get them straight!

Look forward to seeing paint on the sorcerer & siege squad - shields are cool! Argh I really want a leviathan as well!!

Archived