Adeptus Mechanicus ETL

Saa

Greetings brethren.

With the release of the limited edition 30 years of Space Marines figure, I took it as an opportunity to start a new army in the guise of a Skitarii Battle Maniple and a Dominus so I would get the marine for free. After researching the followers of the Machine God in depth, they look like an incredibly fun (if fragile) army to play and I'm pretty stoked as it will give me a break from painting 30k Word Bearers and Daemons.

In an attempt to goad myself into a painting frenzy (I've chosen forge world Agripinaa), I thought it would be a great idea to pledge them all to this years ETL instead of my original plan of finishing off Lorgars boys, however I can't seem to find any posts or even talk about pledges / entries in this sub forum?

So I guess what I'm wondering is........ Is the Adeptus Mechanicus woefully underrepresented in this contest, or have I missed something.

I'm still going to pledge the maniple and a dominus but I'm curious to know if I'll be going it alone or if some other frater will be joining me?

Saa........

.......or something like that

First off good luck with your new robot men! :D and secondly i don't know what is happening here with the ETL but I do certainly hope to pledge some of my force as most of it is unpainted and I'm having trouble motivating myself at the moment.

For me, ETL is gonna be kinda light. Got a few unassembled knights, a few boxes of Electro-Priests, and a couple here-and-there orders due in, but doubt I'll be able to pledge any of them due to real life. Then again, the fiancé is getting ready to head outta town for the better part of a month, so I'll need something to do to give me a reason to clean up the house day before she comes home...  

So I guess what I'm wondering is........ Is the Adeptus Mechanicus woefully underrepresented in this contest, or have I missed something.

Well...

Two years ago, we only had the first Imperial Knights Codex in our Strategem. I was the only crazy person running Knights as a primary army around here, so I was the only participant.

Last year we had three Factions, but Skitarii and Cult Mechanicus had been released only a few months before. Most people were still figuring out how to integrate them.

Mechanicum typically falls in the Age of Darkness Strategem every year.

So we're not really under-represented, we're just... new.

Well, you have another thing going for you: You can use all the 40k Mechanicum stuff AND all the 30k Mechanicum stuff for ETL purposes!

And Commodus is right. In ETL III he was the only representative of the AdMech forum. However, with the release of the new fantastic range by GW, in ETL IV the participation jumped to 36! There was even an unofficial rivalry between the AdMech and the traditional IFOR workhorse, the Astra Militarum (or Guard). And guess what? The AdMech came on top contributing 26k points out of total 57k of the IFOR faction which includes Astra Militarum, Sisters, Grey Knights and Inquisition & Agents.

So now IFOR has two main workhorses - can you keep up this year too? Ordinatus anyone? biggrin.png

Ah this is great to know. Glad I won't be doing it alone!

I'll be spending the lions share of today, elbows deep in mould lines and polycement in preparation then. I recently acquired a Knight Paladin too which I'm considering pledging though I suspect a smart man would leave that until he sees how the first pledge goes.

A quick question then...... Whilst I'm aware there are no specific rules for them, would there be an issue with me pledging this force as is (points cost, upgrades etc) but painting them as Dark Mechanicum?

Saa.......

........or something like that

Is this happening at some point?  I am new to this, I had heard they might happen but haven't heard if they are.  I definitely have models I want to paint!

So, I should hold off painting until then?  I've already painted the coats on my vanguard, so I guess they're disqualified, so I will focus on them until then.

Well, you have another thing going for you: You can use all the 40k Mechanicum stuff AND all the 30k Mechanicum stuff for ETL purposes! 

And Commodus is right. In ETL III he was the only representative of the AdMech forum. However, with the release of the new fantastic range by GW, in ETL IV the participation jumped to 36! There was even an unofficial rivalry between the AdMech and the traditional IFOR workhorse, the Astra Militarum (or Guard). And guess what? The AdMech came on top contributing 26k points out of  total 57k of the IFOR faction which includes Astra Militarum, Sisters, Grey Knights and Inquisition & Agents. 

So now IFOR has two main workhorses - can you keep up this year too? Ordinatus anyone? :D

I may bring an Ordinatus to the party, but not in the main pledge.

You'd better complete your vows this time - the Inner Circle is not known for its... understanding! ph34r.png

Good luck ADB - we look forward for your stuff, although I thought you'd join the BAs... Oh well, Mechanicum it is! :D

You'd better complete your vows this time - the Inner Circle is not known for its... understanding! ph34r.png

Good luck ADB - we look forward for your stuff, although I thought you'd join the BAs... Oh well, Mechanicum it is! biggrin.png

Naw, I had to sell all my Space Marine stuff a few months back before tax month, so my only real hobbying for a long time has been a few boxes of AdMech slowly getting assembled. It's both horrifying and remarkably purifying to start from scratch.

Last year the scions of the Omnissiah had a sterling showing, let's see a repeat performance! biggrin.png My AdMech are still waiting for the end of the year at the earliest so I'll be doing my bit for IFOR in the barracks, but don't worry I'll still be here to pester you all into completion laugh.png

I'm sure I don't need to mention the fate of those who fail their pledge to the Machine God... msn-wink.gif

Last year the scions of the Omnissiah had a sterling showing, let's see a repeat performance! biggrin.png My AdMech are still waiting for the end of the year at the earliest so I'll be doing my bit for IFOR in the barracks, but don't worry I'll still be here to pester you all into completion laugh.png

I'm sure I don't need to mention the fate of those who fail their pledge to the Machine God... msn-wink.gif

Haha and you called ME a traitor last year! laugh.png I'm half tempted to join the Baneblade brigade this year as atonement . . .

Last year AdMech did better than the Guard! msn-wink.gif

Why don't we see if the AdMech can repeat the feat without the new codex shine... ;) I doubt any force in IFOR can match the Guard year on year.

Haha and you called ME a traitor last year! laugh.png I'm half tempted to join the Baneblade brigade this year as atonement . . .

Quote or it didn't happen, we all pledge under the same banner after all!

Good luck ADB - we look forward for your stuff, although I thought you'd join the BAs... Oh well, Mechanicum it is! biggrin.png

Naw, I had to sell all my Space Marine stuff a few months back before tax month, so my only real hobbying for a long time has been a few boxes of AdMech slowly getting assembled. It's both horrifying and remarkably purifying to start from scratch.

I know that feeling - getting Betrayal at Calth after about eight years of having no contact with miniatures was a surreal but fantastic experience, building up a bitz box from scratch is turning out to be pretty fun

Archived