Blood Angel command squad

Sir Ovbov

Hi, I am in the middle of making and magnetizing a command squad and I was wondering if the Sanguinary  Novitiate is stuck with with the Chainsword and the Narthecium like is stated in the Codex or if they are classed as "Veterans" so have access to the same as the others in the squad. I am thinking that it is only the Chainsword but I was  wondering what you lot think.

Thanks

Because there is no definition of the order in which upgrades happen, you can (poorly) argue that he CAN take extra gear, but it's a circular argument and not worth it.

We're stuck with a FNP bunny I'm afraid.

That argument isn't applicable for us as the Priest (and Champion) isn't an upgrade.

Because there is no definition of the order in which upgrades happen, you can (poorly) argue that he CAN take extra gear, but it's a circular argument and not worth it.

We're stuck with a FNP bunny I'm afraid.

That argument isn't applicable for us as the Priest (and Champion) isn't an upgrade.

Derp. Always forget that. Maybe I'm just remembering it as better than it is on purpose xD

I'm happy there isn't room for argument with ours, but I still think its pretty silly our company champion can't customize his equipment in any way. And I would be fine with the Sanguinary Novitiate not having options, (afterall, hes probably to busy patching guys up to bother carrying a meltagun) if they gave the Narthecium a decent weapon profile. Fluffwise it's supposed to crack power armour open to get to the geneseed quickly during battle.

Honestly, the company champion is such a ridiculous concept as is. He's literally there to eat a challenge for whatever HQ you have and then probably die or do no damage because ap3.

WS5 is nice, but I think he could do with having 2W or a storm shield.

I think our command squads should have access to JP, like the dark angels have their bikes, it is something that should be available for us but isn't.

With all due respect, I would recommend reading your Codex again :)

Well, I think veteran marines should all have 2 wounds. You, Veteran Sergeant Barethiel, have been selected to continue the glorious traditions of the 4th Company as it's new Captain, Emperors Peace to your predecessor.  Immediately gain 2 additional wounds, 2 WS, 1 BS, 1 Attack, and a point of leadership, and congratulations.

Well, I think veteran marines should all have 2 wounds. You, Veteran Sergeant Barethiel, have been selected to continue the glorious traditions of the 4th Company as it's new Captain, Emperors Peace to your predecessor. Immediately gain 2 additional wounds, 2 WS, 1 BS, 1 Attack, and a point of leadership, and congratulations.

Couldn't agree more.

2W veterans would completely mess up the meta unless it comes with a points cost reflection.  Moreover it would make 2+ units, especially ones with saves (Terminators, Paladins, Sanguinary Guard and whatnot) impossible to kill.  2W is overkill imo.  If anything, I feel veteran marines should be BS5.

2W veterans would completely mess up the meta unless it comes with a points cost reflection.  Moreover it would make 2+ units, especially ones with saves (Terminators, Paladins, Sanguinary Guard and whatnot) impossible to kill.  2W is overkill imo.  If anything, I feel veteran marines should be BS5.

I was going to post something similar to you here Appiah5 but forgot lol.

really like 2W vets, it makes a lot of sense as then Chaplains/ Librarians/ Priests are Vets with more special training.

Sure the points would need to go up, but I don't think by much. Or the alternative for me would be the following:

Veteran Sergeant's and Terminators get 2W.

Sternguard/ Tactical terms get BS5. Vanguard/ Assault Terms get WS5.

Command Squad Champion with Eviscerator option. (In the Flesh Tearers "Trial by Blood", Harahel, the Flesh Tearers Company(Chapter) Champion wield an Eviscerator...)

- Artificer armour and Eviscerator (Eviscerator just for Blood Angels Codex) options for the Company Champion. (After all, he is supposed to possess the wargears that befits his function).

-  Vanguard/Sterngard veterans with 2 wounds, and BS/WS 5 for the whole squad.

- 2 Wounds, plus BS/WS 5 for Terminators.

Archived