Blood Angel command squad

Sir Ovbov

Can we even take 4 special weapons with the Champion and Apothecary being mandatory?

Ah, yes, I think I just seen a pic with 4 weapons somewhere and my mind skipped the whole 'thinking' thing.

The question still applies, though :)

I can see a triple plasma assault squad doing this slightly better than a command squad, for less cost (and free rhino).

Would a dual role melta/claw/shield squad be viable, or too cost expensive? Keep the veterans shooting, and have the beatstick character?

Can we even take 4 special weapons with the Champion and Apothecary being mandatory?

Ah, yes, I think I just seen a pic with 4 weapons somewhere and my mind skipped the whole 'thinking' thing.

The question still applies, though smile.png

I can see a triple plasma assault squad doing this slightly better than a command squad, for less cost (and free rhino).

Would a dual role melta/claw/shield squad be viable, or too cost expensive? Keep the veterans shooting, and have the beatstick character?

Melta, storm shields and Mephiston works really nicely - don't know if the vets can get an assault weapon as well but axes/ claws would do well.

Basically the champion eats S10 challenges for Meph, otherwise Transfixing Gaze is what you want to abuse while he is free to lay down the S10 high initiative high attacks with force hurt on someone. Guys with shields can tank the ap2 wounds if any too.

Basically a scalpel unit that fit neatly in a pod. YMMV.

don't know if the vets can get an assault weapon as well but axes/ claws would do well.

You can swap the bolt pistol for a claw, and the chainsword for a meltagun, and then add a stormshield on top. 

+35pts a model, so unrealistic to equip everyone thusly, but maybe on a single guy to up the combat damage?

Archived