Dark Angels Entire 4th Company

vampyrerodent

By the Lion!

That is magnificent. Everything looks so neat, and cohesive and thematic.
Bravo, my friend, bravo. That's the kind of picture that gets people pumped to paint. Perfect timing then, for ETL 2016

I am honestly in awe. Thank you. This is a big inspiration!

Thanks for all the kind responses!

Really nice!

We need to meet so that we gather your 4th with my 5th! laugh.png

Really nice collection... How many time to build it up?

I started the 4th Company way back in 2003, jumping from Imperial Guard Astra Militarum and Sisters Adepta Sororitas. I have been working on them on and off since then. More off than on.

Nice reactive armor on your vehicles. Looks like they are made of 1/4" Evergreen/Plastruct tile sheets with holes drilled in the corners. Simple, yet very effective. cool.png

You are correct. The simpler the better. Paint can easily mask small mistakes. I use it across the line of vehicles excepting the Land Raiders. Most of my vehicles are fully equipped with most or all options. I try to be completely WYSIWIG.

Loving your ravenwing bases on the land speeders. How did you accomplish this?

Here is a link to my blog describing exactly what I did for them. It takes a bit of work, but it comes out great, and it's fairly easy.

Impressive work! It must've taken ages to paint such a force! So to echo Master Avoghai: how long did it take to get such a force? I spot the occasional green-rimmed base between the collection.

Yeah, about 13 years in total. I am old school, literally, so yeah you see the Goblin Green bases in there. Not any more though.

The last box set, Dark Vengeance, really put the impetus to finish them. I painted up the tactical squad in there, and from there I only needed another 3 squads to be complete, aside from the transports. So then I just pushed ahead and experimented more with the squads in regards to modeling. It made it that more enjoyable and engaging. Also, just knowing I was that close to having a complete company really got me to work on it.

After 6 squads are done, it's easy to get burnt out...

Which leads me to my next post...

Since I really can't expand the 4th Company beyond what I have already done; I have decided to begin work on another company of Marines, the 6th!

Any further tactical squads will be from the 6th Company, Assault Squads from the 8th, and Devastators from th 9th. I really needed some grav weaponry in the army. So, I decided to add another squad and the 6th Company was my choice to represent the new Tactical Squads.

IMG 6869

IMG 6868

IMG 6866

Archived