Counters to FMC

DarkAngeal

Hello brothers! I'm gearing up for a local tournament coming up and I happen to know that 1 player will be running the formation of 4 daemon princes, 1 from each chaos god. He will play them all with wings.

The best way to counter this I can think of is our trusty Nephilim jet fighter. To shoot them from the sky. What do you think might work well?

Another option is taking the Land Raider Excelsior/Rhino Primaris command tanks. The Excelsior can grant Skyfire to a nearby unit (say ML Devs or Lascannon Predators or Grav Gun Command Squads), which can then engage the FMCs at full BS.

Deredeo dreadnaught or "that thing that can slay a flyrant every shooting phase", or the "doritos launcher of doom" or a few other names for it out there. The important part to note here is that it's godlike at trashing anything airborne and generally kills one a turn. In theory here he can slay a coldlight suit commander in a single turn if he ever takes off and goes airborne

You'll need an auspex to reduce thier jink cover save

Then waste them with plasma Talons also you can use a Dark Talons blast against fmc's

The speeder formation with HB's, assault cannons or rockets

Take the anti psyker assasin with the new SM book there will be psykers all over the shop

You'll need an auspex to reduce thier jink cover save

Then waste them with plasma Talons also you can use a Dark Talons blast against fmc's

The speeder formation with HB's, assault cannons or rockets

Take the anti psyker assasin with the new SM book there will be psykers all over the shop

u cant use blast weapons on flyers even ones from other air units, the only defense a DT has against another plane is his hurricanes. the neph would cover his back but its utter utter tosh

A Flyer is a vehicle yes? Then that is correct

An FMC has no such restriction, you cannot target them with ground blast weapons because of the snapshot rule If a blast scatters onto them or catches then you resolve it as normal.

The Talon has skyfire so you can target FMC's but not Flyers, they have specific wording in the rule precluding all blast weapons

I've had a number of disscusions with people who have FMC's in thier army who feel and argue that this is a GW typo, personally I don't think it is, anyways they don't have the can't be hit/targeted by blast wording so if your using skyfire & the Rift Cannon you can target FMC's

So I just finished a 2k local tournament and my final opponent used the infernal tetrad fateweaver and some horror batteries.

I was using ravenwing and baited his daemon Prince formation to stay on the ground to charge me so I could then wipe him out. I'll probably post a battle report soon

Archived