Alternative uses for Sanguinary Guard bodies

Fahlnor

I appreciate any advice/feedback! I have a thread titled SOB formation tactics, where I mention using them in the formation if you want to give any advice there so I don't derail this thread lol.

I would post the link to the thread but using my phone on the forums has been quite tricky for me, lol

Basiclally, take a look at all the rites of war.

BA's Legiones Astartes rules favour combat, but this doesnt have to be jump packs. It could quite easily be in the form of the Armoured spearhead rite, then have 2 squads of tacticals with bp+ccw in dedicated land raiders as your troops choices, and 3x furious charging veteran squads in land raiders all armed with power weapons as your elites (wounding MEQ on 2+ on the charge, due to BA rules).

The LA army lists are super flexible, and you can do a lot with them. BA have the caveat of not being able to field more (non dedicated transport) vehicles than space marine units, and this applies to every rite of war, but you can still do a lot with it.

I keep looking at that tank and hoping mine will look half as awesome when it's done! I'm definitely stealing the Death masks on the sides, thing.

I'm working on some death company that fell to the black rage while part of the sang guard. So they'll keep bits and pieces of their old armor. I'm working on how I want to color it though. I think I'm going to keep the armor black, trim in gold and keep their helmets/death masks gold. Thoughts?

I'm working on some death company that fell to the black rage while part of the sang guard. So they'll keep bits and pieces of their old armor. I'm working on how I want to color it though. I think I'm going to keep the armor black, trim in gold and keep their helmets/death masks gold. Thoughts?

Sounds good. Try one out and see what you think!

BA's Legiones Astartes rules favour combat, but this doesnt have to be jump packs. It could quite easily be in the form of the Armoured spearhead rite, then have 2 squads of tacticals with bp+ccw in dedicated land raiders as your troops choices, and 3x furious charging veteran squads in land raiders all armed with power weapons as your elites (wounding MEQ on 2+ on the charge, due to BA rules).

That list needs more dedicated Spartans. Too bad most of the elites slots are already filled with veterans.

That list needs more dedicated Spartans. Too bad most of the elites slots are already filled with veterans.

It was just an example, AoD has 4 elite slots, so you can easily fit termies in a spartan in there also.

Liiiike thiiiis?

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk141/Mechxen/Blood%20Angels/Death%20Company/DSCF0897_zps06f6ac74.jpg

Seeing as the armour is a sacred relic, but the deathmask binds to its wearer...I think it works.

I keep looking at that tank and hoping mine will look half as awesome when it's done! I'm definitely stealing the Death masks on the sides, thing.

Steal away! I stole the idea from someone else anyway! And judging from your painting skills I think you have nothing to worry about in making your Baal look awesome! :)

EDC

It was just an example, AoD has 4 elite slots, so you can easily fit termies in a spartan in there also.

Liiiike thiiiis?

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk141/Mechxen/Blood%20Angels/Death%20Company/DSCF0897_zps06f6ac74.jpg

Seeing as the armour is a sacred relic, but the deathmask binds to its wearer...I think it works.

EXACTLY like that! I am so happy to see it works and will be experimenting promptly.

Archived