Abductor Squadron

jbaeza94

So do people actually think or gonna go out and actually buy so many flyers? Be interesting what happens in tournaments too. I mean I have a dark talon just cause it's cool but to go out and get 2 more....not so sure about that

I have a Nephilim/Dark Talon. Sure I like flyers, but the standard size table is so small I think it's awkward to have 3 flyers in so confined space. Since I don't play in bigger tables or apocalypse I doubt I will ever purchase and play with a 3 flyer squad, so flyers rules and flyer supplements are just "meh" for me.

I only own a nephilim, and a storm talon I don't feel that it's proper to go out and buy flyers in bulk that's just silly, I also don't think that the flyers needed any huge changes. Fmc's really boiled down to that they could be effected by magic while airborne and the sheer volume of flyrants nids could muster for battle (see what I did there). Which was just outrageous value. Games workshop really dropped the ball when they decide they could bring like 7 of the blighters to task.

I'm going to stick to the old rules until the summer or I magically get 2 grand thrown into my lap to spend on whatever (which unlikely as it might be could happen). And just play until they errata that sucker into the brb come July August. I'll live with that route because it's just easier to read, it's easier to remember, and it's less time consuming. Games take an hour and a half sometimes anyway I don't see a reason for this to become a 2 hour ordeal because I brought one plane.

I initially bought 1 Nephilim and 1 Darktalon.  Then the "Dark Angels: A Dark Vengeance Expansion Set" box came out, and so I got a third flier out of that.  Anyone who wants three units each of DW and BKs, and who gets that set three times, will get three fliers for free.  That's the best way to get a flier wing at this point in time, assuming one wants three each of the DW and BK units too. I don't see myself getting a fourth flier though, as I have all the DW and BKs I "need" at this point.

So do people actually think or gonna go out and actually buy so many flyers? Be interesting what happens in tournaments too. I mean I have a dark talon just cause it's cool but to go out and get 2 more....not so sure about that

probably not...there will be a few...but I think most people will just see this as a correction of a bad situation where avengers and vendettas shot thunderbolts and lightnings out of the sky without breaking a sweat.  It's as stupid as an A-10 outclassing an F-15 in aerial combat.  I don't think this will turn into 28mm scale X-wing...

Archived