Death Company 1 Skarbrand 0

Today my Death Company slew Skarbrand. Unfortunately the wily ol' Daemon issued a challenge to Astorath and immediately slew the The Grim one. The act, witnessed by the remaining 8 members of the death company, compelled them to finally slay Horus as he was now in their midst!

Four death company survived, and immediately ignited their jump packs in pursuit of more Sons of Horus marines (Khorne Daemonkin and cultists).

If Astorath dies before the DC attack they don't get their re-roll still do they? Pretty sure Skarbrand would have killed Astorath before their Initiative step.

If Astorath dies before the DC attack they don't get their re-roll still do they? Pretty sure Skarbrand would have killed Astorath before their Initiative step.

It applies to the first round of combat in either case with no mention of death in USR.

You can do what you want, I'm taking it.

A mere question while away from a rule source, fellow frater smile.png

I'm curious though about the specifics of this even, because I love both Death Company and Skarbrand (I know I know, burn the heretic...) the same. Now that I look to his stats again the fact that he's not issuing Instant Death is a huge drawback to in-game use. Womp Womp. I guess Astro and 8 DC charged Skarbrand and he killed them down to 4 members, and the remaining models got him dead?

Hypothetically, what would be a reasonable but mainly cheap IC to eat challenges for Grim-boy?

Priest seems redundant as DC already have FnP, Chappy is redundant as you have Mr Grim. Arty Armour Shield/Hammer Captain is pointy, Cheap Libby might be an option...

EDC

I'd much rather Astorath's weapon was AP3 but AP2 with instant Death on a roll of a 6 to wound or something.

The unwieldy just ruins him a tad, he's bound to die :c

When I first saw his entry I was really excited. Then I saw unwieldy and immediately thought, "Well, I'll still probably give him a shot." It's even worse that he's unwieldy because they made him I5. Why? Put those stats somewhere useful!

Congrats mate... this past weekend my 10man Death Company was assaulted by 3 Chaos Beasts, sadly due to amazingly bad rolling, they all eventually died without killing a single beast. wacko.png

In the same game though a squad of close-combat scouts assaulted and killed 14 Daemonettes in a turn.

Congrats mate... this past weekend my 10man Death Company was assaulted by 3 Chaos Beasts, sadly due to amazingly bad rolling, they all eventually died without killing a single beast. wacko.png

In the same game though a squad of close-combat scouts assaulted and killed 14 Daemonettes in a turn.

Oh the fickle ways of the dice God!!

Hypothetically, what would be a reasonable but mainly cheap IC to eat challenges for Grim-boy?

Priest seems redundant as DC already have FnP, Chappy is redundant as you have Mr Grim. Arty Armour Shield/Hammer Captain is pointy, Cheap Libby might be an option...

EDC

Lib with JP (I run DC with JPs) with psy buffs (e.g electrodisplacement, prescience etc is the way to go. Allied lib conclave with one attaching would be slick. Might try that with my Wolfen/DC combo

EDC

Lib with JP (I run DC with JPs) with psy buffs (e.g electrodisplacement, prescience etc is the way to go. Allied lib conclave with one attaching would be slick. Might try that with my Wolfen/DC combo

I'm typically a BA purist but in the game mentioned above with the "fickle dice gods", I ran a Lib-Conclave just to try the new powers out... with 5 Librarians (1BA-ML2 and 4 Conclave) I managed to get only the crappiest powers on my rolls, 2 of them got 'Fists of Lightning', 1 got 'Warpmetal' (well this one is good), and 2 got 'Scorched Earth' (very situational, not great) and the BA also had Earth Blood (most of army is 1 wound).

My DC had a JP-Lib with them but they still managed to die horribly to just 3 chaos beasts, and my warpmetal-buffed Imperial Knight was still dead by turn 2. Chaos mixed with IA13 is a tough nut. Well and 'dice' is not a skill I possess haha.

Archived