1.5k Mechanicum on a budget

Woodsmoke

Hi all I'm wanting to get into Heresy gaming however at the moment funds are con strained till graduation day, looking to build a mechanicum list and this is the first draft. My budget is £250 and this is what I managed to make so far. My main opponents will be an Alpha Legion player using BaC, headhunters and infiltrates forward to charge, a Emperor's Children player using BaC with heavy combat  emphasis, a knight household and a death guard player with a typhon (could be mistaken). Looking to have a balanced list hopefully, not tech'd against them but at the same time don't want to get blown off the table, just good fun games

Magos Prime

Augury Scanner, Jet Pack, Rad Grenades, Master-crafted Corposant Stave and the High Order Ordinator 

4 Thallax with 4 heavy chainblades and a phased plasma-fusil 

3 Thallax with Destructor augment and photon thruster

5 Thallax with 3 heavy chainblades and Multi-melta

3 Myrmidon Destructors with Conversion Beamer

3 Myrmidon Destructors with Volkite Culverine

3 Myrmidon Destructors with Irradiation Engines

Comes to about 1500 and clocks in at £255

Not too sure whether this list is any good, any suggested expansions to it are more than welcome. Any thoughts, opinions and criticism is definitely welcome.

Hi. I would say your list is not so good versus Your Opponents list Building. U want u Cheap usefull Army. I got same ideas for 1510 Points for low money and Upgradable for Heavy point Games.

The idea a Cheap Magos for the Thallax is not so Bad. So I get startet with it.

So here is my List Idea :

++ Mechanicum: Taghmata Army List (Age of Darkness) (1510pts) ++

+ HQ (260pts) +

Archmagos Prime (260pts) [Augury Scanner, Cyber-familiar, Jet Pack, Mastercraft a single weapon, Melta Bombs, Ordinator, Paragon Blade, Photon Thruster ]

{Going with A Thallax cohort. Jumping around and kill light Vehicles or heavy infantery}

+ Troops (570pts) +

Thallax Cohort (190pts) [Ferrox, 3x Heavy Chainblade, Melta bombs , 3x Thallax ]

{Bodyguards for Archmagos}

Thallax Cohort (190pts) [Ferrox, 3x Heavy Chainblade, Melta bombs , 3x Thallax ]

{Midfield uint, Jumping around,scoring Tank hunters, Infantery killer}

{Same}

+ Fast Attack (305pts) +

Vorax Class Battle-automata Maniple (305pts) [bio-corrosive ammunition, Enhanced Targeting Array, Paragon of Metal, 3x Vorax]

{Coming from reserve to killing everything in the backfield}

+ Heavy Support (375pts) +

Krios Venator Tank Destroyer (165pts) [Anbaric Claw ]

{Your heavy Tank Killer with a bit Anti Assault}

Myrmidon Destructors (210pts) [2x Myrmidon Destructor, 2x Volkite Culverin]

····Myrmidon Lord [Volkite Culverin]

{Staying in your backfield and fiering all over the map. 9 s6 volkite shots are realy nice}

Thats Magos Prime can u use the GW Model. Dominus or Fw Dominus.

So 9 Thallax in the Bundle 80£

The Vorax 47£

Venetor 72£

Myrmidons 38£

All about 237£ with out the Magos if fw dominus than 258£ GW Magos 237£ and 35€ or u have luck and find someone who want to buy the Dominus Manilple and don't net the Dominus in your Local Store.

So I hope I could help u. Enjoy Mechanicum.

So Happy days.

Archived