2000pts Chogorian Brotherhood

Noserenda

So ive been kicking around the idea of Revitalising my White Scars once the Blood Angels are done with the new Shinies. My current list is Mechanised infantry based so im wanting a load of bikes smile.png

The Characters split off to each of the Jetbike units and roll around destroying things, the Speeder dumps a load of missiles then hangs around being annoying and then the Jets scream in and murderise any remaining vehicles. Seems Straightforward smile.png Any pointers, tips, tricks, glaring errors? Scimitars are horrendously expensive in cash so i dont want to buy any foolishly!

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) (2000pts) ++
+ HQ (580pts) +

Legion Praetor (220pts) [Artificer Armour, Cyber-hawk, Digital Lasers, Iron Halo, Legion Scimitar Jetbike with Heavy Bolter, Paragon Blade]
Master of the Legion [Chogorian Brotherhood]
Legion Centurion (180pts) [Artificer Armour, Graviton Gun, Legion Scimitar Jetbike with Heavy Bolter, Power Glaive, Rad Grenades, Refractor Field]
Consul [Forge Lord]
Legion Centurion (180pts) [Artificer Armour, Legion Scimitar Jetbike with Heavy Bolter, Psychic Mastery Level 2, Refractor Field]
Consul [Librarian]
+ Troops (895pts) +
Legion Jetbike Sky Hunter Squadron (295pts) [2x Multi-Melta, 6x Space Marine Sky Hunters]
Sky Hunter Sergeant [Melta Bombs, Power Glaive]
Legion Jetbike Sky Hunter Squadron (305pts) [2x Plasma Cannon, 6x Space Marine Sky Hunters]
Legion Jetbike Sky Hunter Squadron (295pts) [6x Space Marine Sky Hunters, 2x Volkite Culverin]
+ Fast Attack (525pts) +
Legion Javelin Attack Speeder Squadron (95pts)
Legion Javelin Attack Speeder [2x Hunter-killer Missiles, Multi-melta]
Xiphon Interceptor (215pts) [Ground-tracking Auguries]
Xiphon Interceptor (215pts) [Ground-tracking Auguries]
+ Legion +
Legion Astartes [Loyalist, V: White Scars]
Created with BattleScribe

At 2.000 pts. that's a lot of points sunk into characters.

Sure, both the Forge Lord a well as the Librarian offer nice synergies to boost your jetbike units in close combat, but I'd potentially slim down the characters section to a Praetor and a Primus Medicae to join the same unit. Makes one unit more durable.

Your version of course, has the advantage of target saturation: three units with one character attached each is of course more difficult to bring down than one unit with all of them attached.

The Plasma Cannons on the Scimitars make close to no sense.

You won't be able to fire them after jinking, and you'll be doing that a lot.

In combination with the 'jink' USR weapons with a high output of shots tend to work best, so I'd go for more Culverins.

I'd probably stick to one Xiphon since you have no reserve manipulation to speak of, but that's a matter of personal taste.

Oh indeed on the characters, i kinda like the variety that comes from smaller punches, makes them less obvious a target for D or Typhons :) Though i might trim them back, Jetbikes get expensive fast!

Do Jetbikes jink a lot? i didnt think they would need to but then noone round here uses them! :) Unlike terminators who are distressingly common, thus some plasma. But i certainly cant object to Choom :D

I like Fighters in pairs, just makes more sense for fluff deployments. 

Any thoughs on the Javelin? He seems expensive but other than smaller speeders theres not much else for that slot...

OK so here is my experience.

Jet bikes need Volkite. Too much armoured ceramite for melta and jinking Jet bikes can't fire plasma cannons.

For the points Jet bikes are not hugely Killy. Force them to Jink and it's even worse. A smart opponent will fire at them make them Jinks and then go after stronger targets. Yes they end up jinking a lot.

The Librarian is too expensive for the what it does which is a shame. Saying that I use one all the time because it's fun and fluffy.

If I may ask why Xiphons? For the roughly the same points you could get 2 lightnings with 4 kraken and ground tracking augaries which is a stronger option.

In truth with Jetbike lists a big part of it is how you play them and picking your fights. It's a bit of a learning curve as mistakes will cost you in a big way.

Been playing Chogorian Brotherhood since they came out so I'Lloyd try and help as much as I can.

Archived