So we can take 4 Storm Ravens in one slot now?

appiah4

Yes, our Stormravens lost Skyfire. BUT:

1) they gained Objective Secured

2) they can get the chance to blow up other Fliers while in Reserve, even at full BS if you are the Attacker and end up following your prey appropriately on the tables (keeping in mind that if you are the Attacker it's looking like you choose the Flier you chase down).

3) they no longer have to take up Heavy Support options, freeing up slots for all the Predators, Land Raiders, and Devastator squads you always hoped and dreamed for.

4) having one in Reserve helps you if your opponent doesn't have any at the moment and hurts them, and if you Wing Leader is in it's even better for you

5) FREE WING LEADER. Hey, wanna play your couple Fliers? Here's essentially a free Fighter Ace upgrade. 

Can't wait for this to be rolled into the core rulebook so there can be no question about its validity and use in every game.

Well, rumour has it that BA and Nids will get their Formation Detachments this year. Given how Nids have the tendency to fly, it is not impossible that BA will get some sort of Fighter. Every other faction have one. But that is just speculation.

Honestly, I don't want Formations. I want a new Codex that features some Formations. But that's me wishlisting.

2) they can get the chance to blow up other Fliers while in Reserve, even at full BS if you are the Attacker and end up following your prey appropriately on the tables (keeping in mind that if you are the Attacker it's looking like you choose the Flier you chase down).

3) they no longer have to take up Heavy Support options, freeing up slots for all the Predators, Land Raiders, and Devastator squads you always hoped and dreamed for.

4) having one in Reserve helps you if your opponent doesn't have any at the moment and hurts them, and if you Wing Leader is in it's even better for you

5) FREE WING LEADER. Hey, wanna play your couple Fliers? Here's essentially a free Fighter Ace upgrade. 

Can't wait for this to be rolled into the core rulebook so there can be no question about its validity and use in every game.

I, and I'm sure others, will still use it as a optional, since it also makes aerial combat a new part of the game along with a bunch of rules too. Not a fan of  making aerial combat more central to the battle. Always preferred the focus of 40k to be ground combat. And like I stated before it has a rushed, clunky feel.

I, and I'm sure others, will still use it as a optional, since it also makes aerial combat a new part of the game along with a bunch of rules too. Not a fan of making aerial combat more central to the battle. Always preferred the focus of 40k to be ground combat. And like I stated before it has a rushed, clunky feel.

Have you ever faced an army with 20+ mastery level points and a dozen psykers, worked out a close combat with 4+ large and different units (not ICs mind you), or worked out LoS rolls for a unit of 15+ barrage templates that happened to scatter dead on top of the only character in the target unit?! laugh.png This whole game is clunky. After having tested out the Dogfight rules with some of my own Fliers it's pretty quick and fun. We've heard all the stuff about how much people don't like it, I'm trying to look some positives here since the internet is offering very little of that regarding this new supplement.

Objective secured is rather poweful for our play style.

Stick some scouts on board, do a big zoom for an objective late game, but drop some scouts off as another objective on the way!

For the first time in 7th edition I'm going to play an ObSec unit in my BA! I'm excited. I'm sad that we're rolling for break turns on a 1 or 2, but at least my Wing Leader might roll up the ability that allows for automatic passes. Could lead to some interesting moments! Also, with the Engage sub-phase offering the ability to move the defender 12" further away it lends a lot of credibility to my TLLC loadout on one of my Ravens. You start 36" apart and at closest you'll be 24", and if the turn in the Maneuver sub-phase doesn't go your way you could be inches out....no one wants to come up an inch too short blink.png

Archived