Tacticals (17) - 279

ACCW, artificer armour, power fist

Tacticals (10) - 230

ACCW, artificer armour, power fist

Dedicated rhino

Kharybdis assault claw - 260

Sicaran battle tank - 135

So that's my attempt at a list.

The idea is Khârn, surlak and 17 tacticals in the kharybdis drop into the enemy backed up by the red butchers. Rhino tacticals hunt objectives and sicaran is AA.

There are a few holes in my plan that I need help with, first of all should I swap one unit of butchers for a dual grav contemptor to crush armour? Secondly I'm not taking advantage of surlaks special master of inductii rule and should I be doing that?

This rite of war makes me want to run supercharged tactical squads with apothecaries but I won't have any other fun stuff cause transport would have to be kharybdis, Spartans or storm Eagles. What to do...

Random thing: I know the kit comes with two chainfists, but there's no reason on earth to pay for dual chainfists on the Devoureds in the Butcher units. A powerfist and a chainfist each and you'll save a grand total of 10 points. That's a whole marine in the tac squad and it looks like you were at 17 so with Khârn and Ghalan you have the room to bump it to a perfect 20 in the Kharybdis.

This list is really aggressive and nasty... I like it! Red Butchers with FNP (4+) and Tacticals with FNP (3+) would be very hard to deal with, especially for a more stationary gunline army that only really gets 1 Turn to try and shoot down your Pods before they release their cargo. Keep in mind though that against an opponent who is mobile and rushing like you are (Raven Guard or Terror Assault come to mind) he could end up in your deployment zone by T2 putting you in a very awkward position. Thats the price of running a list like this, but since gunlines are a favoured 30K strategy (since Assault Marines are so expensive and DPs require some creativity to access) this is a solid counter approach. Having only two scoring units however might be a bit a burden if there are multiple objectives... 

Archived