Dealing with a knight with pure DA

Cpt_Reaper

Afternoon Brothers. I'm having a slight panic attack. This Friday the 13th (ooooh) I will ba facing 1850 points of, what I assume knowing my opponent, sisters of battle and a knight.

I've never fought a knight but I know the theoretical ways to deal with one.

My friend suggested land speeders to outflank but I only have 2 and a vengeance. I might try a librarius conclave. Then I also have to deal with 20-girl squads going from experience. And at least 1 exorcist.

Any further advice is appreciated.

Melta eh? I my two land speeders are melta-heavy bolter loadouts, I have a melta/multi-melta tactical squad and a melta/lascannon tactical squad. Would that suffice?

For the counter-nun unit perhaps I could throw a unit of 5 deathwing knights and an interrogator-chaplain in a crusader?

The best answer I've come up with to the night has to be forgeworld. Deimos laser destroyers. It sounds a bit silly when you dwell on it that this was my answer but it's the only one I've found that's been reasonable without getting a knight myself. Get some laser destroyers gets some deredeo keep rolling for glances and pounding home those triple saves vs ap1 penetrations and he's bound to trip up and die. The Deimos gives him 4 possible saved glances and 3 he would get no save against.

If you can get to range using technomancy and interromancy to slow his damage output can also help a lot.

Sisters are best described as really stubborn marines, they are impossible to shove off a location of cover unless the unit coming at them is just broken. Whirlwinds don't really do it, a vindicator backed by las and autos and counter melta to deal with the melta tanks and d6 bombard missiles can really mitigate there combat effectiveness.

But once there tanks and the knight are squared away you've basically won. Sisters are very outdated and they can't stand up to modern unit costs with modern unit gimmicks.

triple las-predators and a droppod command squad with 5 melted and a prescience Libby. The opponent will have to make a choice. Do they shield the 9 lascannon shots with tank hunter or shield against the 5 TL melta shots.

Vindicators don't work very well against IKs. When they are in range to shoot the knight they are also in range of the knights D attacks.

Melta, lots of melta.

Also lots of bullets or templates for the girls. Terminators should work OK as the girls have very few ways of dealing with 2+ armour. Just watch out for the amount of bullets they can put out.

I can deal with terminators with every squad I bring. I love it when I remove entire terminator squads in one round of shooting my exorcist tanks. Battle Sisters will also be able to outflank tons of melta to deal with your tanks.

The knight really helps with their lack of long range fire, particularly AP3.

Plasma, flyers, and cc units is what you want to bring to fight the girls.

To fight the Knight you need to flank it. The battle sister player should be using their transports to give the knight cover on the non shielded facing though.

I haven't played with any of my knights yet but don't underestimate sisters because they have a sixth edition codex. You will be surprised at how good they are with the right player.

Deathwing knights could take the knight in combat.

With smite mode you are looking at 3+ to glance. Remember his ion shield is only for shooting.

Maybe stick a chappy in for rerolls

This has proved to work for me a number of times.  Put them in a LR with a Chappie and go flat out at it.   Just be prepared, most times, to lose the squad when the Knight explodes.  :(

RWSF imo. If you have the models.

Int Chap/Lib/Sammy, Black Knights, 3x single MM ABs, DShroud and maybe a Dark Talon.

Supported by 2-3 RWAS with grav guns & tornado 'Speeders for hunting the sisters.

Long range support provided by the awesome RWSS, another DShroud with 3 Typhoons.

I realise that's a lot of bikes & speeders, so you may not have the models.

Priority target for the RWSF would be the knight, try to get melta and plasma on it from all angles.

The 3 RWAS stick with their 'speeder and pour fire into the sister squads.

You'll likely make your opponent think hard about flanking his units when 12 heavy bolter shots & 8 krak missiles are coming his way the moment he rolls in from reserves.

Edit: Just reread your initial post and saw you only have 2 'speeders, so that's out. Hard to say with out knowing what's in your collection tbh.

triple las-predators and a droppod command squad with 5 melted and a prescience Libby. The opponent will have to make a choice. Do they shield the 9 lascannon shots with tank hunter or shield against the 5 TL melta shots.

Vindicators don't work very well against IKs. When they are in range to shoot the knight they are also in range of the knights D attacks.

not the deimos laser destroyer hes not

Deathwing knights could take the knight in combat.

With smite mode you are looking at 3+ to glance. Remember his ion shield is only for shooting.

Maybe stick a chappy in for rerolls

They only get one attack per model at S8 AP2 now with smite mode.  So you are only glancing on 5s now, not 3s, they really wont cut it now against knights like they used to.

I've fought stompas with kffs and mek boys that regenerate hit points. Weight of fire does wonders as well just keep smashing it.

that thing is so frustrating

Indeed but I don't mind it except for that one boss that allows them to take it for 300 points.

One of the best ways of dealing with Super heavies is to make them snap fire all the time with the Aversion Psychic power then ignore them

Another Psychic power that's useful is the Rending one

Also include flyers a couple of Talons will spoil the party, Librarian on a Bike with the Shroud ducking and diving behind cover will get your opponent well frustrated 400 points tied up in a super heavy means it needs to pull its weight, if its just jamming its guns into the ground for the entire game you can focus on the mission

@GogglesDown - I am aware of how much damage sisters armies can do. They routinely kick my rear.

As for vehicles I only have 1 whirlwind, 2 razorbacks (one twin las, one twin heavy bolter), 2 Land Raiders (phobos and crusader) and half a dozen rhinos. I have a Nephilim and a storm eagle (the latter of which is with a friend right now). I have a choice of 3 dreads (two standard: 1 tllc/fist+flamer and one multi-melta/fist+storm bolter) and one venerable (assault cannon/fist+storm bolter). 1 drop pod with deathwind launcher. 

As for infantry I simply cannot do the command squad with melta spam. 

I won! 9-5 on Big Guns Never Tire.

The Knight charged my Deathwing Knights and interrogator-chaplain. It was already down 2 hull points, so one pen and an explodes result later and BOOM! Only lost 2 knights in the explosion. Nephilim and Storm Eagle performed well. it was a very close game.

Me:

2 objectives, 2 heavy support kills (Leman Russ and Exorcist) and linebreaker. 9 points all up.

Opponant:

1 objective, 1 heavy support kill (LSV) and first blood

"If I'd known they could do that [smite] I'd have shot them with the melta cannon!"

Sororitas Player

Best part is my Interrogator-Chaplain, know for only ever suffering instant death didn't even take a wound.

Archived