Dealing with a knight with pure DA

Cpt_Reaper

Melta, lots of melta.

Also lots of bullets or templates for the girls. Terminators should work OK as the girls have very few ways of dealing with 2+ armour. Just watch out for the amount of bullets they can put out.

I can deal with terminators with every squad I bring. I love it when I remove entire terminator squads in one round of shooting my exorcist tanks. Battle Sisters will also be able to outflank tons of melta to deal with your tanks.

The knight really helps with their lack of long range fire, particularly AP3.

Plasma, flyers, and cc units is what you want to bring to fight the girls.

To fight the Knight you need to flank it. The battle sister player should be using their transports to give the knight cover on the non shielded facing though.

I haven't played with any of my knights yet but don't underestimate sisters because they have a sixth edition codex. You will be surprised at how good they are with the right player.

Holy optimism, Batman!  It's theoretically possible to remove an entire min-sized squad of termies with a single round of exorcist shooting...but in this case, it sounds like the opponent only has one exorcist, so that would require the generation of 5-6 out of 6 possible missiles, perfect shooting, and perfect failure of 5++ or 3++ saves.  I wouldn't count on it.  Besides that, what was suggested was mounting them in a crusader.  5+ knights (ideally, 7 knights and an interrogator-chaplain to make sure those smash attacks hit on the charge) in a crusader, rolling down the center of the table will laugh at exorcist missiles and be out of range of outflanking immolators.  That DWK unit will be pretty boss against 20-strong battle sister squads, too, with the potential to wipe them on the charge, otherwise should chew through them in two rounds of melee.  Removing those two units should be achievable in five turns.  For the exorcist, you have a variety of options, but the pair of melta-packing speeders looks good for that job.  I might also park a lascannon or krak missile devastator squad somewhere front and center of your deployment zone (in cover, due to the knight's AP3 gun).  Backup against the exorcist and also good for burning down those immolators on arrival.  That pretty much deals with the big threats for about the same points cost of those threats, leaving you facing equal points of more mundane power armor off against one another (of course, while your crusaderload of knights  is tapped out, any surviving speeders and the devastators may still be in the game).  Tactical squads, even with plasma, will be meh against sisters, due to their power armor...they are relatively cheap, and you are not...and you really don't want to face melta dominions with a tactical squad. I would minimize my spending on basic troops, and consider the brothers from the 5th company...sniper rifles behind chamelioline cloaks in the upper floor of a ruin?  Assault squads will rock the sisters' world.  Assault squads cost about the same as a moderately well equipped tactical squad, but they get stuck in quick where S/T 4 vs 3 kicks in, along with their bonus attacks.  They also get across the threat zone of meltaguns pretty well...bikes have the same plusses (plus T5), but are more expensive per model, meaning fewer of them and they're vulnerable to multimelta from the immolators and also vulnerable to exorcist missles (jumpers are, too, but they're 17ppm, not 25, and you have more of them).

JMHO, YMMV

/edit/  I'm a sisters player, too, and they rock...but popping a squad of termies with an exorcist...that's a stretch!

Archived