BA Librarian loadout/modeling help

I'm really weird when it comes to certain 40k things. Like I love the idea of kit bashing libbies, but it drives me crazy when they don't have their psychic hood. a simple head and shoulder swap, followed by a little BA flash really made this model pop for me, and gave me exactly what I envision BA Librarians and some of their successors to be.

I also equipped him with Gallian's Staff

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z460/Dont-be-Haten/2a2aa805-044f-4e0a-a108-835ad0ced069_zpsnts7z5bg.jpg

What head is that? ohmy.png

It is from the Lothern Sky cutter in fantasy. That is an amazing model if you're into the old world stuff.

No wonder he has such awesome fabio locks! He's a bloody (a)elf tongue.png !

I love Elves, and the fancier they are the more blood angels like they tend to be. I use a lot of High Elf heads with my BAs. as long as the hair covers the pointy ears they make fantastic alternatives to Marine Heads.

Does the drill from GW come with bits for those size magnets?

I have no idea, I don't own a drill from GW, but the drill from the army painter tool set. It did not come with 3mm or 2mm bits.

Here's what i got so far. Not sure if i'm gonna keep that head on him or not, was originally going to use it for a Priest, but i think he looks good with it. One concern is the staff looks like a crozius a bit. I think it's fine though. Thoughts?

I think right know he does indeed look a bit like a chaplain, but if you give him a psychic hood (maybe something like this) he should not be mistaken for one.

Yeah I plan on either switching the head out for the hooded DA one or adding a psychic hood. This is just an early mock up that I thought looked cool enough to post...

I was saving that head for a Priest, but do you think it looks okay for a Libby?

When I get home today I'm gonna make another probably with a force sword,

Yeah, Force Staves aren't one handed, and Power Mauls are Concussive.

Force staves are one handed, both are concussive.

You mean both are one handed and concussive.

Yeah I plan on either switching the head out for the hooded DA one or adding a psychic hood. This is just an early mock up that I thought looked cool enough to post...

I was saving that head for a Priest, but do you think it looks okay for a Libby?

Nothing wrong with the helmet, as long as it fits under a hood. Also I applaud your dedication to safety. Marines on the battlefield should be wearing helmets at all times msn-wink.gif

So I showed a pic of that Librarian to some buddies that don't know much about 40k and they thought he was high fiving or telling someone to stop.... So now I feel I need to change that arm as I feel it is no bad*** enough if my friends think he is just hanging out and not blasting someone with a spell.

Now I'm thinking of changing it so he is holding the staff with both hands and maybe shooting a spell out of the staff instead. Thoughts?

If they do not know much about 40K, maybe they haven't even imagined "magic" existing in this futuristic setting and thus not thought about a casting pose. To me at least the pose is obvious, so don't worry too much.

IIRC there are some tutorials on the net how to make some warp tendrils issue from the hand. Unfortunately I cannot find one at the moment. Then it should be plain to see what the gesture is supposed to represent.

I mean they've played dawn of war and bought small 40k armies when we were kids (over 10 years ago probably) but even when showing them picks of what I was going for they still thought it was funny...

I know if I like it I should stick with it, but I also thought that it's gonna be my only or one of my only staff librarians especially since I'm very happy with how the staff looks and don't plan on buying any models that come with force staffs, it might be a wasted opportunity to not have him shooting from his staff... I can always make my sword Libby shooting from his hand...

Archived