Dark Angels No Retreat II Performance

GorgeousGoat

Hi All, 

I represented the Glorious (former) 1st Legion and Unforgiven at No Retreat II in Gibraltar.

There were two Dark Angels players at the tournament, out of 30 originally but 2 had to drop out last minute. 

Playing 5 games in a Swiss-System tournament, we managed to finish 2nd (Joseph) with a RW Strikeforce and myself with a CAD (list advice taken from the forums here!) managed to finish 4th. 

Joseph - 2nd

Myself  - 4th

I'm sure you can agree - a super result for DA.

This was an amazing tournament and I encourage all players to register for No Retreat III in October-16 and send applications in!! 

I hope this doesn't sound like a puff piece but I would recommend this tournament to all levels of players and lets get more Unforgiven there to see if we can take 1st place at the next one!!

Much Dakka Love

Gorgeous Goat (Thom)

Well done can you post some details on how your CAD list did as I'm sure were all keen to see how you coped with some fairly hardcore lists.

The format sounds superb by the way a real hark back to some sensible army building restrictions (single Force no Allies ( Impirium can take Knight, Assassin Inquisitor) one Formation only Super Heavy / LOW 400 points or less.

I saw the round up from Lawrence on his You Tube Channel with the mighty Ravenwing burning the eventual winner with his only defeat

https://www.youtube.com/user/tabletoptactics

Well done can you post some details on how your CAD list did as I'm sure were all keen to see how you coped with some fairly hardcore lists.

The format sounds superb by the way a real hark back to some sensible army building restrictions (single Force no Allies ( Impirium can take Knight, Assassin Inquisitor) one Formation only Super Heavy / LOW 400 points or less.

I saw the round up from Lawrence on his You Tube Channel with the mighty Ravenwing burning the eventual winner with his only defeat

https://www.youtube.com/user/tabletoptactics

Yeah I would love to hear your full list and tactics, good job brother!  Also curious what the ravenwing player's list was, its too bad there is no public posting of peoples armies.  Again great job!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All, 

Been busy with a 30K project and hadn't checked the threads lately. Apologies. 

My list can be found here - I took the same list I posted just added the Apothecary to the Command Squad and dropped the attack bike with MM:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/320784-1750pts-itc-tournament-list/

I did play the pure RW player and it was a close fought win for me, by virtue of taking the Secondary (8). Primary (14) was a tie and the Tertiary (6) was his. 

So arguably was essentially a draw! 

The 2nd player's Ravenwing list was roughly:

RW Strike Force

Int' Chappie on Bike with MoR & SoH

ML2 Librarian on Bike

ML1 Librarian on Bike

6x Ravenwing Command Squad - 5PT & 1 GL (Apothecary, Ravenwing Company Banner & Champ)

3 x Black Knights (2PT and a GL on each). MB on Huntmaster

1x Nephilim Jetfighter with Lascannon

1x Dark Talon

1x Darkshroud with HB

Ravenwing Support Squadron:

1x Darkshroud with HB

3x LS with HB & AC

2 flyers indeed.

When I played him - his Nephilim was placed on the board next to my Sicaran, 30 seconds later at the end of the movement phase, it was promptly removed from the table thanks to the LoG:Sarosh on the Sicaran :-D.

His Dark Talon gunned down my solo Int'Chappie on bike after he'd scored two rends in a cc with a Black Knight unit (2 failed invuls) - 1 wound and 12 hurricane bolter strafing run shots to the face did for him sadly :-(.

it was a bloody bloody game between us and I sorely want a rematch! 

Archived