New Dark Angels Player

Totengraber

I just purchased about 20 Ravenwing bikes off of a friend along with the codex and the data cards. The bikes are configured like so:

- 2 Meltagun

- 3 Gravgun

- 2 Attack Bikes w/ Multimelta

- The rest are Bolters

I was thinking of dividing them up into small 3-man units with a special weapon each and two squads with the Multimelta Attack Bikes.

I think from here I want to buy some Greenwing models to have a solid foundation to put these bikes with. I'm thinking this:

- 4 DV Tac Squads (divided into 5-man combat squads, keeping the Plasmaguns)

- 4 Rhinos (or Razorbacks)

- 1 DV Chapter Master

- 1 DV Librarian

- 2 Devastator squad boxes (build Lascannon and/or Missile Launcher squads along with a squad of Plasma Cannons from the DV units)

- 1 SM Tactical Squad (to build more bolters to mix in with the Dev and Tac Squads)

- 2 DA Veteran Squad boxes to build Sergeants for the Tac and Dev squads)

Does this look like a good way to start or should I be looking to build the army differently?

Thanks!

Build a Librarian on a Bike there's a ton of instruction stuff around including a video which will open up the Strike force

The Dev Marine box set is one of the most feature rich in terms of parts also for Characters the Veteran Box set is a must, most of the heavy weapons are of use in some shape or form, the Grav are devastating only needing the 2 in general, rockets are the cheap workhorses of the squad, multi-melta when your tight on points Plasma when you want to live a little dangerously & Las for armour pen.

Look to a long term plan my vets are fully magnetized and get used to swap into squads as assault weapons and sgt's with combi's as well as a command squad

You can build a 5 man assault squad without jet packs with the boxes you've listed (2 flamers & combi-flamer + 2 sword /pistol guys) so you can try out the demi company

Instead of putting the attack bikes attached to the others, you should think if maybe using them as solo units or part of a ravenwing attack squad with a speeder to outflank with

Archived