BA and Death From the Skies

BrainFireBob

It's always going to be difficult to "pull off" the Spearhead's signature manoeuvre, so it's probably best to run 4 in a wing for 4++, IWND & Interceptor. If you have 4 ravens and are playing at a suitable points level of course.

As I understand it flyers can use the "formations" as long as they come from the same wing or formation dataslate. So the Spearhead can utilise the 3 craft "formations"/rules from Death From the Skies.

^ that is quite correct. The book specifically states that all Fliers in a Wing must be from the same datasheet or Formation, literally the book just buffed the Angel's Spearhead. Sure you could get hammered in a Dogfight and lose a Raven, but the range issues of that phase are making me lean toward a TML/TLLC loadout. I digress.

Angel's Spearhead is a Flier Wing so long as you note it as being such when making you list.

Hope Faqs do not comning out with the current state cause the triangulation rule would only work if the seargents are disembarked..

Even with the wording now it's worth a quick conversation with your opponent before you play given the smackdown that can ensue if your list is built for it and your dice agree. With grey areas like that in the wording of rules I like to plan for both outcomes unless I know the person I'm going to be gaming with and how they interpret the rules.

Archived