Angels vs wolves : the fight continues

Jazzhands

So a friend of mine is just getting back into the game and we plan to have his first battles tomorrow. He is bringing wolves and I will play my angels.

I have a fairly bland list for him to face so he can reacquaint himself with the mechanics so all is well.

However he wishes us to begin with the honour duel using named characters and as I don't know wolves that well was wondering who to take and what to expect

So a friend of mine is just getting back into the game and we plan to have his first battles tomorrow. He is bringing wolves and I will play my angels.

I have a fairly bland list for him to face so he can reacquaint himself with the mechanics so all is well.

However he wishes us to begin with the honour duel using named characters and as I don't know wolves that well was wondering who to take and what to expect

there new wulfen are unreal they almost always trade favourably for whatever they lock up in cc with if not just steamroll. thunder wolf cavalry are the unstopable force to the deathwing knights immovable object. hellfrost is a very powerful short ranged cannon against non marines, forces strength tests of remove from play

Take Sammy. Eternal Warrior is the best ability in duels as it negates ID for you, no save required. Also his AP2 sword at initiative will allow him a chance to get ahead in a war of attrition. Oh and since he's mounted the +1 T will mean he will take less wounds anyway.

If your opponent is just getting back into the game he probably won't have thunderwolves or wulfen so I wouldn't be too worried. Just take whatever force you used last time and maybe throw in a couple of experimental units for fun.

Before I go. That's Sammy on corvex otherwise I'm pretty sure he's a vehicle with AV10 rear armour and therefore the proverbial sitting duck!

I'm probably wrong but don't Sgts and champions usually do the duel. I know there are instances where Ragnar and even the Lion have fought the duel.

I only remember that the duel is fought by A CHAMPION from both sides to recreate the first duel between Russ and The Lion.

I'm probably wrong but don't Sgts and champions usually do the duel. I know there are instances where Ragnar and even the Lion have fought the duel.

I only remember that the duel is fought by A CHAMPION from both sides to recreate the first duel between Russ and The Lion.

yeah...and, this CHAMPION is appointed / elected by the Chapter, to represent the Lion/Wolf !

We organized an inter-forum contest on this theme!

http://bolter.forumgratuit.org/t2530-le-duel-des-primarques-vol-i

and

http://bolter.forumgratuit.org/t2677-duel-des-primarques-vol-ii

Wolf : 1 victory

Lion : 1 victory

Unfortunately, no single DA character can stand up to SW in a 1 on 1 fight. DA character are built with synergy in mind whereas SW character are the single best beatsticks in the game, capable of going even beyond Khorne units in terms of hitting power.

In terms of army vs army, you will not be able to overpower them. With the new supplement and their Get Started Formation they have become the most vicious melee army in the game, easily capable of turn 1 charges. DWK will not stand up to TWC. If they had 2W a piece, sure. As it stands, they are a minor nuisance.

If you want to beat SW, you need to gank up on his units and use synergy between your units to whittle him down. Lion's Blade helps with improved Overwatch, as go Grav Weapons for reliable wounding. Do not underestimate Interromancy either, as it can hamper their units and characters.

Archived