Macharius Vulcan - "This way to the car wash!"

So this is just a "quicky" before the new Marines arrive to become Imperial Fists.

At some point I might have exaggerated the mud splattering, I know... but, nevertheless, hope you like it!

Oh, and I'm thinking about building a diorama for this one, so people can see where all the mud comes from...

http://i.imgur.com/RAcOlmo.jpg

As a fella that's spent quite a bit of time in armored vehicles I would say that you didn't overdo it with the mud splatters, can't tell you how many times my M109A6 came out of the field looking like a mud sculpture lol.

Looks great, but on the front panel, the mud is too uniform, it's not heavier closer to the tracks, or the front of the vehicle, but equally distributed in uniformly sized spots. It kind of looks more like a camo pattern to me than mud.

I can also confirm that there is no such thing as "too much mud" on a tank that has been out in the field. It takes a day for a tank crew to fully clean a Leopard 2 (inside and out) because the dirt gets absolutely everywhere.

Looks great, but on the front panel, the mud is too uniform, it's not heavier closer to the tracks, or the front of the vehicle, but equally distributed in uniformly sized spots. It kind of looks more like a camo pattern to me than mud.

Very good point but I also think that there's too little mud on that front panel. To have a visual example, here's a picture of a Leopard 2 tank from the Swiss Armed Forces that has been driving around for a couple of days or so.

Hidden Content

http://i.imgur.com/gxEWJ44.jpg

Just in case you want to go back and modify some stuff or for your next tank project. msn-wink.gif

Archived