Blood Angels Codex Sold Out on UK Site

DarthOvious

So far all of the, very, salty rumors lean towards a halt in Codex releases until after the new edition of 40K is released next year. But who knows... I'd settle for a Campaign supplement with a few fixes.

To make this clear, here is the scedule :

-> From 18/05 to 31/05 => No important releases, because GW close its financial year.

-> June => ? (Hinted for Age of Sigmar release, in preparation for Summer Campaign)

-> July => AOS SUMMER CAMPAIGN + W40K NEW GW TOURNAMENT

-> August => Normally, Chaos themed releases. (Hinted to be Tzeentch related stuff that could eventually be Thousand Sons, but most certainly Pure Deamons with new Greater Deamons miniatures)

-> September - October => RECENT RUMOURS TEND TO SHOW THAT 8TH 40K RULES EDITIONS MAY BE PUBLISHED DURING THOSE MONTHS. (A 7.5 version enhanced with the incoming FAQ & Errata)

-> And finally, November-December left for a NEW BA CAMPAIGN / CODEX. (Christmas time....GW staff is traditionalist^^)

Well I did see that some of the chaos books are sold out too. I take it this means we'll get a softback version of the codex coming out instead now that the hardback is sold out. I wasn't expecting a whole new codex as such but was hoping, likely in vain, that they would do a reprint with some corrections instead.

To make this clear, here is the scedule :

-> September - October => RECENT RUMOURS TEND TO SHOW THAT 8TH 40K RULES EDITIONS MAY BE PUBLISHED DURING THOSE MONTHS. (A 7.5 version enhanced with the incoming FAQ & Errata)

I'm afraid Sad Panda (perfect record on correct rumours) disagrees with this: (original post @ DakkaDakka)

There is a new edition of 40K in the works.

It's also correct that GW doesn't bother re-doing old Codex books, basically since Tau, as they consider 7th a lame duck rule set (there will still be rules for new miniatures, incl. campaigns, Codex Deathwatch, etc..).

Just that the timeline is off and the new edition further away ... at least 2017 ... according to my information (which has been good so far, but a new edition of 40K is the most secretive topic you could find in GW).

• 2 weeks later...

There will be no updates. Just like with every other codex that has has this happen. It's not news sadly folks.

The exceptions are of course the Farsight and Ghazgull books but they're supplements and a little different.

Archived