How do you do the squad knee markings? Need advice ...

Hail Brothers!

I'm a decent painter. If you take a look at my Instagram account you can see the work I've done so far. I'm confident in my ability, except for the squad markings on the knee area of my blood angels! What's the secret to your success?  I was even trying to figure out if a tiny stencil would work?  ... I'm not that good at small free hand painting is the problem.

I'm asking for any advice you might have, or tricks you've discovered that have worked for you? I need it, LOL. Thank you.

Try using a mechanical pencil (or really sharp normal pencil) to draw a stencil of the image you want to paint. A light touch should give you a visible mark and be easy enough to get rid of if you need to try again.

This is how I do them.

First, break the image you're trying to draw into parts. For a skull, you want to draw a circle, then a triangle under it and then fill in the details. Here, I've drawn a little thing that might help visualise what Im talking about.

http://i.imgur.com/ZPyRnvn.png

You're welcome, I'd be keen to see your results, or if you need any clarifications. The main thing is, just keep practising. I started by painting over the skull transfer on some marines, then on paper, then on models - each one takes maybe 5- mins now, tops, if I production line the squad.

Archived