Eagle Eyes Storm Talon

Excellent work. I wonder about the weathering effects on the wings' leading edges, though. Is your pilot in the habit of ramming enemy flyers and flying creatures, using his flyer's wings as blades (see articles claiming the Northrop XP-79 was designed to be used as a "flying ram")?

Haha! I actually did that because I looked up some pics of actual warplanes and some of them had a lot of that. I must assume it's from flying through debris, and those edges would catch it I guess. Mostly it's rule of cool. I think it helps reinforce the speed and momentum.

You missed a spot laugh.png

Seriously, this is really impressive! I'm not a fan of the model and am forcing myself to like it enough to buy one (or two). Work like this helps increase appreciation.

The kit really grew on me after I played around with it. I was never planning on converting it, but the more I worked on it the more I appreciated the design. The way they perform in game just reinforced my appreciation, as it were. They're so good!

I know I've already said this, but:

That is one finely painted flyer. Very nice! happy.png

And the base turned out especially nice, on second viewing. The more I look at it, the more detail I see. Top stuff! biggrin.png

It's healthy. What are you, some kind of xeno lover?

My army premise is based on hating Necrons, so I try to use as many scrapped bits as possible.

*slowly shifts Tyranid army out of sight* Nope, no xenos love here, nuh-uh.  Nothing but the glory of (trans)humanity for this guy, yessir.

I'd love to see one of your guys holding an Ork skull with a puzzled look on his face.  "Wait, there are non-metal things for us to butcher?  This changes everything!" :D

Haha! Yeah... One of my buddies plays Tau so that may become an issue sooner or later. The Queen Bee Knight does have a piece of Eldar blade strapped to her as a trophy, but the rest is Necrons. They happen to recruit from a mostly-dormant Tomb World. It's a long story...

• 3 weeks later...

Lovely stuff Bro, as always msn-wink.gif

I was going to comment on the healthy enthusiasm for necron debris... done already tongue.png

I was hoping after seeing the shape that this would've been painted Brown with yellow stripes on it and called "THE DRONE"laugh.png

anyways really nice weathering and everything else for that matter cool.png and i look fwd to model number 11.

cheers Mithril

P.S. when i see the words Cedar Rapids i always think of some small wooded forest,a bubbling stream...Thomas kinkade style

gallery_9146_583_24624.jpg

Archived