This is just a quick question about how the forces of a Forge World decorate their armed forces.

In the current background do the Skitarii, Knight Households and Titan legions sworn to a particular Forge World use a shared colour scheme?

The example I have that caused me to ask this question is the Metalica Forge World. Way back in Epic I remember Legio Metalica fighting Ork Gargants in battle reports and they had a typical red Adeptus Mechanicus colour scheme. However, the Skitarii and Cult Mechanicus colour schemes are for a cream/off white colour palette.

I know the typical answer is that I could paint my Mechanicus and Knight models however I wanted but I just wanted to see if anyone recalled some information about the colour schemes of these factions.

This is just a quick question about how the forces of a Forge World decorate their armed forces.

In the current background do the Skitarii, Knight Households and Titan legions sworn to a particular Forge World use a shared colour scheme?

The example I have that caused me to ask this question is the Metalica Forge World. Way back in Epic I remember Legio Metalica fighting Ork Gargants in battle reports and they had a typical red Adeptus Mechanicus colour scheme. However, the Skitarii and Cult Mechanicus colour schemes are for a cream/off white colour palette.

I know the typical answer is that I could paint my Mechanicus and Knight models however I wanted but I just wanted to see if anyone recalled some information about the colour schemes of these factions.

A lot of things have been re imagined since those days, but this specific case jives well with the fluff.

Yes, Metalica have a white color palette, but the Knight House that's most closely associated with them, House Raven, carries the Mechanicus red.

Thanks for the information. It looks like I have some leeway when deciding the livery of my allied knights and (hypothetical) titan legion.

That's a really nice army Onaeus. Although it's a small picture that knight looks excellent. :)

Archived