Last Founding using Blood Angels gene-seed?

ServoBadger

I think it was the 5th Edition Codex Space Marines that stated Blood Angels gene-seed was no longer used to create new Chapters - I could be wrong.

Canonically, does anyone know the last Blood Angels successor Chapter to be founded?  Were any further attempts made to use the Blood Angels gene-seed after the Lamenters?

Just curious!

I think it was the 5th Edition Codex Space Marines that stated Blood Angels gene-seed was no longer used to create new Chapters - I could be wrong.

Canonically, does anyone know the last Blood Angels successor Chapter to be founded?  Were any further attempts made to use the Blood Angels gene-seed after the Lamenters?

Just curious!

The last one I know of is the Lamenters (21st "Cursed" Founding). I'm not too sure if any have been made since.

I'd imagine the Carmine Blades should be fairly new, given that Astorath first met them in M41 and that they hadn't figured out their lineage by then.

According to lexicanum the last known founding of a BA successor is the 21st (Lamenters), but there are plenty successors whose foundng date is unknown, so they might well be made later.

Archived