2500 alpha legion. Advice needed.

Robzilla

Hey guys! I'm in a bit of a dilemma.

Got a tournament on the weekend, and I'm just putting the finishing touches to my force, but I'm not quite sure what the most economic list is to run. Got a couple of choices:

1) skorr list:

ones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness)

HQ

Autilon Skorr

Rite of Command

Master of the Legion

Pride of the Legion

Legion Praetor

Artificer Armour, Digital Lasers, Iron Halo, Paragon Blade, Power Dagger

Troops

Legion Terminator Squad

Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, 3x Chainfist, 5x Combi-Weapon, 9x Legion Terminators, 6x Power Fist

Legion Terminator Sergeant

Chainfist, Grenade Harness, Power Dagger

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad

Furious Charge, 9x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Melta Bombs, 2x Plasma Gun, 2x Power Weapon

Legion Veteran Sergeant

Artificer Armour, Power Dagger, Power Fist

Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 9x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Melta Bombs, 2x Missile Launcher and Suspensor Web, Sniper

Legion Veteran Sergeant

Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 9x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Melta Bombs, 2x Missile

Launcher and Suspensor Web, Sniper

Legion Veteran Sergeant

Elites

Contemptor-Cortus Class Dreadnought Talon

Cortus Dreadnought

Graviton Gun, Kheres Pattern Assault Cannon

Cortus Dreadnought

Graviton Gun, Kheres Pattern Assault Cannon

Legion Rapier Weapons Battery

Laser Destroyer Array

Laser Destroyer Array

Laser Destroyer Array

Laser Destroyer Array

Laser Destroyer Array

Laser Destroyer Array

Heavy Support

Legion Whirlwind Scorpius

or option 2: Alpharius

Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness)

HQ

Legion Praetor

Artificer Armour, Digital Lasers, Iron Halo, Melta Bombs, Paragon Blade, Power Dagger

Troops

Legion Terminator Squad

Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, 3x Chainfist, 5x Combi-Weapon, 9x Legion Terminators, 6x Power Fist

Legion Terminator Sergeant

Chainfist, Grenade Harness, Power Dagger

Furious Charge, Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 9x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Melta Bombs, 2x Plasma Gun, 2x Power Weapon

Legion Veteran Sergeant

Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 9x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Melta Bombs, 2x Missile Launcher and Suspensor Web, Sniper

Legion Veteran Sergeant

Legion Veteran Sergeant

Elites

Laser Destroyer Array

Laser Destroyer Array

Laser Destroyer Array

Laser Destroyer Array

Laser Destroyer Array

Laser Destroyer Array

Heavy Support

Legion Whirlwind Scorpius

Legion

Legion Astartes

Traitor, XX: Alpha Legion

Lord of War

Alpharius

Master of the Legion

Pride of the Legion

So with both lists I've tried to hear them up to be quite versatile. My biggest issues really boil down to how to deliver the terminators.

I don't have a spartan or land raider to convert one for that matter :p

With skorr I can use infiltrate if I needed tank hunter etc used for the army shock kiiiiiind of solves the problem.

With the Alpharius list, I loose the contemptor punch, and skorrs utility, but get alphy's not insignificant bonus to the force, but unless I take the infiltrate tactic the terminators are in limbo.

Also considered juggling things about and swapping the rappers for graviton cannons for more reliable anti tank. Thoughts?

Cheers guys! Any and all input is very much welcome!

ad List 1:

You don't need the praetor since you already got Skorr. There's no reason at all to ever use a praetor besides or instead of Autilon. You don't have the means of transportation for your melee units - Skorr can pull of Master of Ambush which confers infiltrate to units and therefore their DT. Have Skorr and your Termie-deathstar sit in a spartan and infiltrate. I like the load out of the Terminators except maybe leave out the grenade harness, give the sarge a combo-weapon as well but otherwise that's good as it is. Your FC Veterans don't have an assault transport and have plasma guns which prevent them from charging when fired so that's some bad synergy there. Get them a dread claw if possible. I'd run them 10 man strong w/ meltabombs, 4 Power Axes and AA, Dagger and Power Fist on the Sarge. Means wounding marines on 2's on the charge with 20 Attacks (16 PA, 4 PF) if i'm not mistaken - kills everything or trades decently at least. The 2 sniper Squads are okay - i'd leave out the Pfist on the Sarge, give him a combi-weapon instead and also save the melts-bombs (that's where you get the points from to kit out the assault veterans). I haven't tried out the rapiers yet but what i found to be very cost-efficent are 2 x 3 Landspeeders w/ Graviton-Guns. But Rapiers are surely decent enough especially when taken in Bulk. Graviton Rapiers are also good. Regarding the Dread's: you might want to take 2 cortus class Dread's in pods with grav guns which makes for an odd number considering the Veteran's dread claw. Drop the the dread's T1 and shoot their double grav guns out of the pod which gives you 3 AV12 ablative hull points and shrouded. The Scorpius is always good.

ad list 2:

Well there hasn't changed a lot. I'd again forego the praetor and use Alpharius w/ primarch's chosen which saves you points. Have the terminators together with A sit in the Spartan. You might wanna save points by dropping the laser rapiers and the whirlwind and going for 3 Laser Vindicators instead. Or just proxy said grab-speeders. Or get a pair of grav-cortus, similar to before.

I hope i helped you a bit :)

Cheers! The main issue at this stage is a lack of models to represent these. Payday is a distant dream...

Most of your points make total sense,

The praetor was for combat punch but I'm guessing its redundant with these lists?

My biggest issue does boil down to delivery of the heavy hitters I think... Skorr or dynat needed then.

My last draft did include landspeeders in too, so i may squeeze them in if possible with the praetor gone/striped back.

Archived