Lukes Heresy Wolves

Well, I have an upcoming 30k Tourniment and I have been working furiously to get my army complete. One Contemptor to go, but I wanted to shae some of my work.

They call him Kraken

They call him Kraken, for he is a Leviathan from Fenris.

Veteran Squad

The all stars front and centre

Skallavend

My first green stuffed hair. Glad you cant really see it :-)

Helved

I can only thank whoever thought of using Chaos Warriors like this

First Landraider

Some neat cutting to extract this transfer, but worth the effort

Inside Lighting

This was my first attempt at lighting. Quite pleased with how it turned out. Basically, I get to shout GREEN LIGHT! GO! GO! GO! in games now. 

Lightening

I wanted to add this to a 30k post about using alternative minis for the Lightening. I like my take.

Lot more wolves 'off-camera'. Don't expect to win much but hope to make them fight tooth and nail for their victories :-)

That all looks super freaking cool. Would love to know how you lit up the inside of the Land Raider

Looked on the internet for some guides. Picked up a green led, threaded the wires through the track sections and had them join up to the power in the 'engine block cavity' section.  the back bit of the engine is magnetised so I can take it on/off to flip the switch. Don't want to think about the time I will need to change the battery :-(

I'll see If I can grab some picks

Luke

That all looks super freaking cool. Would love to know how you lit up the inside of the Land Raider

Looked on the internet for some guides. Picked up a green led, threaded the wires through the track sections and had them join up to the power in the 'engine block cavity' section.  the back bit of the engine is magnetised so I can take it on/off to flip the switch. Don't want to think about the time I will need to change the battery :-(

I'll see If I can grab some picks

Luke

Because of the peg on the pipe (lower arrow) I only needed magnets at the top and they fitted nicely into the smoke stack (already 99% lined up).

Technical

The battery and switch was a pain. I needed enough wire so I can extract to re-battery as necessary, but the extra wire took up a lot of my space in t he back.

Look at model railway suppliers. They are doing tons with fibre-optics and probably have much better 'kit' for small concealable electronics.

Luke

Archived