Death from the skies effects on BA

Using the the new rules for flyers ,Blood angels with out allying We have no AA.

We are :cuss ed

Actually you do have AA that is what fortifications are for. Look at the space wolves they don't have access to AA. Unless you are talking about Fighters.

Lots of discussion here

Simple, don't use those optional rules.

Equally, everyone else lost their AA. Look at chaos.

They replace previous flyer rules it says so in the book.

Yes, but a lot of people do not like the rules OR use FW flyers that don't have a ruleset now. So some gaming groups may not play them.

Deredeo isn't in the codex but is an option for us for sure. Big shame we can't get the Contemptor Mortis or regular Box Mortis though :(

Otherwise something like a few landspeeders rocking the double assault cannons can work in a pinch.

Alternatively, you could always ignore a flyer. Especially an attack craft.

Well - my meta very hostile to forgeworld units for example.

And - you can't ignore DFtS if your opponents wants to play it - moreover - if he have flyers he will be playing DFtS.

It's a big problem that Air-oriented chapter can't fight in the air but what else we can do? Life is unfair - take allies until new codex :/

Always remember that Sisers of battle awkwardly siting in the corner.

My pair of Stormravens are pretty pretty happy with their new rules. You can still engage in dogfights and with some of the tables going your way you could still shoot first and at full BS.

Again, not strictly BA, but a Sicaran is just great with the right Legacy on it. Plus it's fast so it matches our other tanks.

The Sicaran is what the predator should have been. But that's for another thread...

Honestly I haven't reallu looked at skies of death too much. Because most people don't care about it. I want the book, but it's low on the priorities. However, I do love those storm hawks (or whatever the storm talon variant is) you need at least 2 for a wing if I'm not mistaken, but damn the firepower they can wield! And you can take them as BA without worry to TFGs who say BAs can't take it! AND! They look keen! And even though they arrive together they can split off afterwards if I recall!

Yeah, I feel Blood Angels require some additional flyers in their updated/new codex.. whenever it may come.
Maybe its time to bring the Xiphon Interceptor to Games Workshops 40k?

This could also be a good time to add the Blood Angel Contemptor and maybe other pieces of armor, or Destroyer Assault Squads! :D

#wishlisting... *sigh*

And - you can't ignore DFtS if your opponents wants to play it - moreover - if he have flyers he will be playing DFtS..

If your opponent wants to play it but you don't the most gentlemanly solution is to roll off to see if the rules are used or not. The game is a two player experience.

Always remember that Sisters of battle awkwardly siting in the corner.

Don't remind me, I primary army for a long time was SoB but they've been neglected so long I consider my main Faction BA at this point. Though to be honest they do make excellent allies. At this point I'm convinced we'll see a plastic Thunderhawk before we see plastic battle sisters...

EDC

*snip*

Don't remind me, I primary army for a long time was SoB but they've been neglected so long I consider my main Faction BA at this point. Though to be honest they do make excellent allies. At this point I'm convinced we'll see a plastic Thunderhawk before we see plastic battle sisters...

Similar to me, initially had BA way back in 2nd, skipped 3rd and when I came back into the hobby in 4th I went with Sisters. As time went on I went back to Blood Angels again and they're my main army right now as Sisters have been a long time out in the cold.

Anyway, I've been fortunate that no-one in my group has the new DFtS book so my Storm Raven operates as it did before. I don't have a flier heavy meta anyway. I feel for anyone who's had their army shaken by the new rules though, but change is ever a constant and 40K is no exception.

I'd say if someone wants to use DftS and the other doesn't, it's probably because their flyers got a lot better etc.

I think it'd only be fair that say, if you were fighting an Eldar with a load of Fighters and you were bringing a Raven, enforcing DftS is just a meta-induced death sentence in the Dogfight Phase for your poor raven. So maybe humbly decline or talk it over first... Perhaps give you a bonus to Dogfight rolls (+1 to decide if one happens) so it's a little fairer on your part.

It's a shame really, everything outside of the dogfight is a nice update to flyers - everything in it is just a weird game of rock paper scissors that takes up a load of space that means, for us as a faction, our Ravens just became a bit more vulnerable.

I can see a lot of groups adopting all rules except the dogfight phase from the new book, because all of the rest is awesome.

I'd say if someone wants to use DftS and the other doesn't, it's probably because their flyers got a lot better etc.

I think it'd only be fair that say, if you were fighting an Eldar with a load of Fighters and you were bringing a Raven, enforcing DftS is just a meta-induced death sentence in the Dogfight Phase for your poor raven. So maybe humbly decline or talk it over first... Perhaps give you a bonus to Dogfight rolls (+1 to decide if one happens) so it's a little fairer on your part.

It's a shame really, everything outside of the dogfight is a nice update to flyers - everything in it is just a weird game of rock paper scissors that takes up a load of space that means, for us as a faction, our Ravens just became a bit more vulnerable.

I can see a lot of groups adopting all rules except the dogfight phase from the new book, because all of the rest is awesome.

Declining NEVER THAT IS WHAT A TRAITOR WOULD DO!

My group does not use the flyer rules atm. I'm not a fan of the supplement either.

I usually bring a 10 man ML dev squad with Flakk missiles for codex AA ability. 

What do you bring with the 32 points left in your list after that? ;)

My group does not use the flyer rules atm. I'm not a fan of the supplement either.

I usually bring a 10 man ML dev squad with Flakk missiles for codex AA ability. You can also bring an Aegis Defense line and use the quad gun. Its decent AA.

Have fun with 4 flakk missile shots vs a flyrant or flying daemon circus list, or elysian guard, or marines with 2 ravens, all of which I play against. Those things don't even jink vs 4 piddly str 7 shots. I bring a raven of my own, a deredeo, and a sicaran with the legacy of sarosh for 1 more skyfire gun, and it still isn't always enough.

I usually bring a 10 man ML dev squad with Flakk missiles for codex AA ability.

What do you bring with the 32 points left in your list after that? msn-wink.gif

Ummm the armorium cherub? LOL.

On a different note I much prefer bringing a 10 man Dev squad than 5. My squads tend to last longer with the bolter devs providing "defensive fire" to the heavy weapon gunners ;)

Archived